Would I Be a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift/implant? (photo)

I like the size I was before I had my children and just want a lift/implant to put volume back into them to bring me back up to the 36C that I was before. Would having an implant require a large scar? my sister had a Breast Reduction and she has to scars up and around her nipples in a T shape. Would an implant require the same type of cutting and scarring?

Would I be a good candidate for a breast lift/implant?

+1
Thank you for your question! It is normal for the breast to lose its firmness and perkiness over time, which is accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity. This ultimately results in ptosis, or sagging, of the breast with a “deflated” appearance. Women often seek the mastopexy, or breast lift, procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and desire that uplifted and perky appearance of her breasts. Women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once she achieves this desired shape and fullness. Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage. The implant itself will add these things - given your photos, a breast lift alone is a reasonable decision. It us also common for the areola to enlarge and stretch during these changes. The lift will also serve to raise the nipple areolar complex to its appropriate position above the breast crease and at the most projecting portion. In addition the areola size will be decreased, which is often desired by the woman.

These see procedures will require incisions.  Your implant can likely be placed within your breast lift incision. Given your photo, you will likely need at least an incision around your nipple and vertically down your breast, with possibly a 'T' incision, for optimal shape. 

The decision for a breast lift will be up to you...depending on how much you are bothered about the shape as well as your concerns. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon well-versed in breast surgery and s/he will assist you in deciding if a mastopexy will be the right decision for you. Breast procedures to simply improve shape or appearance typically are considered aesthetic procedures and do not qualify for insurance coverage. Thank you for your question! Hope that this helps. Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Best Candidate for Breast Lift/Implant

+1

You are right, an implant and Breast Lift (Mastopexy) surgery would be required for women like you, just like other women who have drooping breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging.  Often times the sagging is too severe to be treated by implants alone.  Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) are the best candidates for a breast lift.  There are multiple techniques for these operations.  Typically, there is an incision around the areola, with or without a vertical incision on the lower part of the breast. These are also referred to as donut, vertical or “lollipop” techniques.  Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents a more dated technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases.  Newer techniques are utilized in most cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts.  The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the extra skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.  The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large. Use of an implant  will not require additional cutting or scarring.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you an excellent  candidate for breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon (I prefer the use of goal pictures).

You would look best after a lift plus implant surgery

+1

Your pictures show significant lack of volume and droopiness.  I would recommend doing a breast augmentation with a lift.  The lift would be through a 'lollipop' scar, not the inverted T you may have seen in your sister.  this is a newer technique for breast lifts.  

The size of the implant would be determined by the what you want, and the lift would be something that I would demonstrate at the time of the consultation.  The implant is placed through the lollipop scar so you do not need any additional scars.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Breat lift and implant needed to restore figure

+1

Your photos show a lack of volume and an excess of skin.  Returning your breasts to a more balanced and aesthetically pleasing shape and size will require addition of volume (implant) and tailoring of the skin envelope (lift).

Pretty breasts derive from good balance between skin and volume.  In your case you can be fitted with sizers in the office to determine which implants are correct for your figure.  In the operating room your surgeon can place the implants and then tailor the skin to get the best shape.

You will have scars from skin tailoring, but with your complexion (and the use of scar creams and tapes) the scars should be be acceptably faded by a year.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Breast lift with implant?

+1

I don't do those two operations at the same time because each one interfers with the healing of the other. Your breasts are way to deflated to consider fat transfer. If you are willing to have big enough implants to fill out the loose skin, you could have just an implant thru a one inch incision in the crease beneath your breast, the arm-pit or the areola for a total cost of $4400.

Dr Foster

Lawrence Foster, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implant or fat transfer

+1

Your breast shape could certainly be improved with a breast lift (mastopexy).  There are different scar patterns for lifts and the best one for you would need to be decided in person.  An implant could also restore volume that was lost after pregnancy.  you might also consider having breast volume increased with fat transfer from your abdomen.  That could improve the relationship of your breasts to the trunk.  An in person consultation could allow you to think through various options and choose what is best for you.

Mary Lee Peters, MD

Would I benefit from a breast lift and augmentation?

+1

You have enough laxity in your breast tissue that you need a full breast lift which will yield scars around the areola, down the middle and to a variable degree underneath in the fold. An implant can provide some volume that will decrease the length of the scars but really only in the fold underneath. I wish you well.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

What is the best breast procedure for me

+1

I think you most certainly need a breast lift and implant.  You have significant ptosis, and would benefit from both procedures.

David A. Lickstein, MD

Rosendo Martinez,MD,FACS

+1

Thanks for your recent inquiry.I believe you are a grade III ptosis,and you will greatly benefit from an augmentation mastopexy either vertical or inverted T scars.

Rosendo Martinez, MD
Puerto Rico Plastic Surgeon