Would I Be a Good Candidate for a Breast Lift/implant? (photo)

I like the size I was before I had my children and just want a lift/implant to put volume back into them to bring me back up to the 36C that I was before. Would having an implant require a large scar? my sister had a Breast Reduction and she has to scars up and around her nipples in a T shape. Would an implant require the same type of cutting and scarring?

Best Candidate for Breast Lift/Implant

+1

You are right, an implant and Breast Lift (Mastopexy) surgery would be required for women like you, just like other women who have drooping breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging.  Often times the sagging is too severe to be treated by implants alone.  Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) are the best candidates for a breast lift.  There are multiple techniques for these operations.  Typically, there is an incision around the areola, with or without a vertical incision on the lower part of the breast. These are also referred to as donut, vertical or “lollipop” techniques.  Although the “anchor-shape” or inverted “T” incision is still more popular in the United States, it represents a more dated technique with extensive scarring and a less optimal result in many cases.  Newer techniques are utilized in most cases, the rare exception being extremely large breasts.  The nipple-areola complex is repositioned higher, the extra skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and in a more normal position.  The insertion of an implant as well, may be advisable to restore superior fullness which is lost with aging and after pregnancy despite the rest of the breast being overly large. Use of an implant  will not require additional cutting or scarring.

Web reference: https://pacificcenterplasticsurgery.com/procedures/breast/lift/

Breast Augmentation/Lifting Candidate?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

I think you an excellent  candidate for breast augmentation/lifting surgery. Communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon (I prefer the use of goal pictures).

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastLiftAug.htm

You would look best after a lift plus implant surgery

+1

Your pictures show significant lack of volume and droopiness.  I would recommend doing a breast augmentation with a lift.  The lift would be through a 'lollipop' scar, not the inverted T you may have seen in your sister.  this is a newer technique for breast lifts.  

The size of the implant would be determined by the what you want, and the lift would be something that I would demonstrate at the time of the consultation.  The implant is placed through the lollipop scar so you do not need any additional scars.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD, FRCSC

Toronto Cosmetic Surgery Institute

Web reference: http://www.breastaugmentationtoronto.com

Breat lift and implant needed to restore figure

+1

Your photos show a lack of volume and an excess of skin.  Returning your breasts to a more balanced and aesthetically pleasing shape and size will require addition of volume (implant) and tailoring of the skin envelope (lift).

Pretty breasts derive from good balance between skin and volume.  In your case you can be fitted with sizers in the office to determine which implants are correct for your figure.  In the operating room your surgeon can place the implants and then tailor the skin to get the best shape.

You will have scars from skin tailoring, but with your complexion (and the use of scar creams and tapes) the scars should be be acceptably faded by a year.

Breast lift with implant?

+1

I don't do those two operations at the same time because each one interfers with the healing of the other. Your breasts are way to deflated to consider fat transfer. If you are willing to have big enough implants to fill out the loose skin, you could have just an implant thru a one inch incision in the crease beneath your breast, the arm-pit or the areola for a total cost of $4400.

Dr Foster

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift with Implant or fat transfer

+1

Your breast shape could certainly be improved with a breast lift (mastopexy).  There are different scar patterns for lifts and the best one for you would need to be decided in person.  An implant could also restore volume that was lost after pregnancy.  you might also consider having breast volume increased with fat transfer from your abdomen.  That could improve the relationship of your breasts to the trunk.  An in person consultation could allow you to think through various options and choose what is best for you.

Web reference: http://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Would I benefit from a breast lift and augmentation?

+1

You have enough laxity in your breast tissue that you need a full breast lift which will yield scars around the areola, down the middle and to a variable degree underneath in the fold. An implant can provide some volume that will decrease the length of the scars but really only in the fold underneath. I wish you well.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

What is the best breast procedure for me

+1

I think you most certainly need a breast lift and implant.  You have significant ptosis, and would benefit from both procedures.

Rosendo Martinez,MD,FACS

+1

Thanks for your recent inquiry.I believe you are a grade III ptosis,and you will greatly benefit from an augmentation mastopexy either vertical or inverted T scars.

Puerto Rico Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with augmentation?

+1

Based on your photographs, you appear to be an excellent candidate for the combination of breast lift with augmentation.  Your breasts have a fairly common and characteristic appearance that I see commonly.  I believe that you would require a fairly "aggressive" lift and a moderate sized implant.  A simple peri-areolar type of lift would not be adequate in your situation.  You should meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain information specific to your situation and gather further information.  Good luck!

Web reference: http://www.seplasticsurgery.com/breast-lift-charlotte.html

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon