Am I good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift? I'm 5'2", 120 lbs? (photos)

Hi. Lift heavy weights and am in fairly good shape but do have a little fat around stomach, back by bra strap, and in arms. 1. Am I a good candidate for a BBL? I would like more fullness, projection, and wider hip to outer thigh, while still retaining some of the pear shape to my butt. 2. If I do not have enough fat: my mother is considering lipo and has a good amount of fat? Is it possible to use her as a "fat donor"? Would my body accept the fat? And is this a strange request? Thank you!

BBL good candidate

+1
From just viewing the pictures you provided, it does not look like you have enough fat to transfer and get an optimum result. When I have patients who want this procedure and they have a similar body build, I suggest butt implants with fat grafting to surrounding areas and also to sometimes have the patient gain about 10 pounds to help add to the fat that we will be using to fat graft. Unfortunately your fat is the only fat you would have the option of using.

Thank you for you question and I hope you schedule a consultation for a face to face discussion with a board certified plastic surgeon before making a decision!

Melinda Lacerna-Kimbrell, MD, FACS

Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

BBL Candidate

+1
Thank you for the photos, It is difficult to determine from your photos whether you would have enough fat to transfer for a BBL. Unfortunately, you can not use your mother's or anyone else's fat. I would recommend an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in treating all different body shapes and sizes. 

Matthew Schulman, MD

Fat donor sites

+1
BBL is an excellent procedure, but patients need adequate fat stores available to use.  Typically fat is removed from the abdomen, back, flank and thighs to be used for grafting.  Half of the fluid removed is available as purified fat after processing, half of this volume is available for each buttock and 80% of this fat survives.  Athletic patients often have low body fat, but stores in exercise and resistant pockets (typically abdomen, flank and saddle bags).  It depends how much you have and how much improvement you want.  Some patients have to gain weight (fat-not muscle mass) in order to have enough to make a difference.

+1
Looking at your photos I cannot tell if you would be a good candidate for the BBL, and you cannot use your mother's fat. I would suggest that if you are seriously interested in the BBL that you consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Am I good candidate for a Brazilian Butt Lift? I'm 5'2", 120 lbs?

+1
Unfortunately, you cannot use your mother's fat.  As a bodybuilder, I operate on females who work out a great deal.  I am not sure if I could improve upon your physique, but an exam would be able to make that determination.

Try to research this to find the surgeon who consistently produces the results you would expect. Look at reviews on this site and see who gets the surgery right every time.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.