Good Candidate for BA? Tuberous? (photo)

Hello! I've been considering a BA for years. I wish to achieve more fullness and to even out my asymmetry. I think I might have a mild case of tuberous breasts. As my nipples are rather puffy and there seems to be a bit of lower pole constriction. Would I be a good candidate for a BA? Further, would my creases need to be lowered? I am currently a 34A looking to be a full C. Please find three of my photos attached and a fourth photo of my desired look. Can this outcome be achieved?

You Do Not Have Tuberous Breast, Augmentation Will Help

+1

Thank you for your question. You do not have tuberous breast deformity. Your breasts have developed normally however there is a slight asymmetry with the right breast being larger than the left and the inframammary crease below the breast on the left is slightly higher.

If correcting asymmetry is very important to you then a breast lift on the right may be necessary. However a breast lift will create scars on the right breast which I think would be a shame in a young person with normal breasts.

I suggest you consult at least 2 plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, are experienced in cosmetic breast surgery and have good reputation's in your community.

Although a formal examination is required to make a recommendation, based on your photographs my approach would most likely be to do a simple breast augmentation, placing the implants beneath the pectoralis muscle or chest muscle, and possibly place a larger implant on the left side to gain symmetry. This may provide you with a very acceptable result. If after 6 months to a year the inframammary crease asymmetry bothers you this can be revised by an experienced plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/boston-breast-implants/breast-implants-for-tubular-breasts-correct-tuberous-breast-deformity-2/

Correct asymmetry with simultaneous lift

+1

You do not have tuberous breasts and are an excellent candidate for breast augmentation.  You will need different size implants because of asymmetry.  I recommend breast augmentation through a circumareola incision.  This will allow repositioning your areolas more medial and adjust the asymmetry.  You may be an excellent candidate for a new technique called Breast Augmentation with Mini Ultimate Breast Lift.  Using only a circumareola incision it is possible to place the implant, reshape your breast tissue to increase upper pole fullness, elevate your breast higher and more medial to increase your cleavage.  Aligning the areola, breast tissue and implant over the bony prominence of the chest wall will achieve the maximum anterior projection with a minimal size implant.  Small implants are more stable long term.  At size 34 A only a 200 cc implant would be required to achieve a C.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Web reference: http://www.horndeski.com/gallery/aspx

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Constricted or tuberous breasts can be corrected at the time of breast augmentation.

+1

Both the size and shape of a constricted breast can be addressed at the time of breast augmentation. Final shaping up may take several months but in the end the breast appearance is very pleasing.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Tuberous Breasts

+1

With the preoperative photos you provided, and the postoperative result you desire, I believe you would be a good candidate to achieve a very comparable result using silicone implants.

A physical exam would better allow to assess the degree of tuberous deformity present, and would allow your surgeon to determine if glandular release through an infra-areolar incision would be of benefit.

Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Good Candidate for BA? Tuberous?

+1

Other than for the size difference, these breasts look much closer to normal than to a tuberous appearance. I think a standard breast augmentation, likely with different sized implants, should give a nice outcome. 

A decision about moving the creases would be based on breast measurements and implant size. My feeling based on the photos is that this would not be needed, which is good, because it is not without risks. 

All the best. 

No not tuberous, and augmentation will work out well

+1

Your breast is not tuberous and you should be able to get close to the result you are looking for. The puffyness in the nipple will smooth a bit with the pressure of the implant.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Good Candidate for BA? Tuberous?

+1

Your breasts are not tuberous, and the fold does not need lowering.  A breast augmentation will produce a very nice result.  If you want the puffy element of the areolae improved this can be done at the same time.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-photo-galleries.php

Breast asymmetry before surgery

+1

I would not call your breasts tuberous but your posted photos show the left breast is smaller than the right. It is unclear whether the folds under the breasts are uneven or just look that way because of the size discrepancy or you standing with the left shoulder higher than the right.

It is clear that you will need a bigger implant on the left than you do on the right in order to achieve better symmetry. This may be better achieved with saline than with silicone because you can fine tune the size with saline.

When your surgeon examines you he/she should check for scoliosis because that can contribute to the asymmetry and is not correctable by breast augmentation. You are a good candidate for the surgery as long as you understand the caveats I have described.

I am not sure you would want the breasts of the woman in the example photo because although the right breast looks okay the left has a nipple that is pointing off to the side instead of straight forward giving her an asymmetric look.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship in order to know if this assessment is valid.

Breast augmentation and views

+1

It looks like you have more of an asymmetry with the left being smaller than the right in the photos.  I do not appreciate a tuberous issue.

Breast augmentation can correct asymmetry.

+1

Hi.

Good news!  You do not have tuberous breasts.  You have mild asymmetry which can be corrected with implants under the muscle.  Your desired look is reasonable.  Very straightforward.