Am I Good Candidate for Alarplasty? (photo)

Cause i think the alar is too wide since im a transgender i want it smaller for me to look softer. Am i good candidate for alarplasty? Thank you

Alar base reduction

+1

The width of the base of the nostrils must balance with the size of the tip, and the distance between the eyes, or the intercanthal distance.  If your nose is in the middle of the three pictures, a combined Weir/sill incision would best address the width and flare of your nostrils.  

Good candidates for alarplasty

+1

I usually need to see pictures of your whole face  and nose from frontal, basal, oblique and side views before making an assessment of your nostril and alar lobule aesthetics.

Your pictures show asymmetry of both nostril and alar lobule. It seems to me your left nostril is larger and there is more alar flaring on your left side. Though not obvious in the first and the third picture, your inter-alar width seems wide in the second picture. Therefore, based on the pictures provided, you may perhaps benefit alarplasty to narrow the nostrils and correct asymmetry.

Eric I. Choe, MD, FACS

You are a good candidate

+1

The alar base can be narrowed by removing a wedge of skin and soft tissue and carefully closing the incision.  The location of the excision determines the effect.  When the excision is taken from the nostril floor, this results in reduction of inter-alar width, or the horinzontal distance between the nostrils.  When it is taken from the alar side-walls, it reduced the alar flare, or curvature of the ala.  It looks like you could benefit from a bit of both. Best of luck

David W. Kim, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Alaplasty would work well for you

+1

I agree that the base of your nose is too wide.  A surgeon could consider narrowing the nostrils and reducing alar flare.  This would decrease the width of the base of the nose.  The scars are hidden where the nose meets the face and within the nostril.

Shim Ching, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Alar plasty

+1

If your middle photo is your nose, and the others are your goals, you should be a good candidate for this procedure.  Discuss this with a plastic surgeon with experience with Asian rhinoplasty.

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon