Do You Need Good Bone Structure for a Lower Facelift to Work?

I have a weak jawline, I'm a female, I want to tighten moderatley loose skin and nusle. Woudl a lower facelift still work. I don't want to get implants or enhance my jawline at all.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Lower Face Lift with Weak Chin

+1

Yes, you can have a lower face lift to improve sagging neck skin & facial aging. Plastic surgeons evaluated bone structure and chin anatomy with face lift patients. An appropriate chin or bone structure will generally improve the final face lift surgery results, but not a requirement. Chin implants or augmentation may be performed at a later time, if you are unhappy with the initial face lift results. Speak with a face lift plastic surgeon to help determine appropriate options for you.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/face-lift.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good bone structure is the cornerstone of a good facelift

+2

Your question is a great one, and you are correct: facelifts "work" better with good chin and cheek strength. They also last longer when well supported with good bone structure.

In general, chin and/or cheek implants can augment deficient bony structure, and are reversible if you really don't care for them. Fat transfer is a good second choice for those who are totally opposed to implants.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Good bone structure helps a facelift but is not a prerequisite.

+2

You can still remove the excess skin and fat. If your chin is weak, a chin implant will give you additional "bone" structure you weren't born with.

Facelift result and good bone structure

+1

The simple answer is that a good bone structure certainly helps the longevity and final result for example of your neck line following a mini-facelift or traditional one. However it is also pretty straightforward to correct any facial bony imbalance with fillers or implants depending on what is deficient. For example, placement of a chin implant can correct the problem in most that require thia support and facial balance. Either way you will get a significant improvement just a lot more if their is good facial structure harmony. Your plastic surgeon if well trained should be an expert in this analysis and be able to sort through your decision making process.

Bone Structure and Lower Facelift

+1

Whenever a surgeon evaluates a face for a potential facelift, bony anatomy is observed. In some instances, if the lower jaw has always been weak adding a chin implant can be very helpful. However, very nice results can still be achieved without implants. Keep in mind, as we age our bones can recede and the mandible (lower jaw) is not immune from this problem.

Web reference: http://www.thedoctorforfaces.com/plasticsurgery_facelift.htm

Weak jawline and considering facelift

+1

Certainly having good bone structure helps enhance the results of any plastic surgical procedure.  Chin implants are one way obtaining better chin/jawline structure but not the only way.  Depending upon the exact deficiencies in your jawline you may be a candidate for microfat transfer and augmentation in these deficient areas.   

Long Island Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bone structure and a face lift

+1

Before performing any facial procedure it is important for a surgeon to assess the patient's facial anatomy including the bone structure.  If the bone structure is lacking it is still possible to achieve very pleasing results with a face lift.  In this case the patient would expect to look just like she/he looked years ago. 

In my practice it is not uncommon to perform facial rejuvenation surgery in such a way that the patient not only will look significantly younger but also a bit more attractive than she looked years ago. This can be achieved with proper execution of the face lift (correcting appropriately all the deep structures, muscles, fatty layers, etc.)  and enhancing the bony structures with appropriate fat grafting and occasionally with facial implants.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Facelift price reduction

+1

It sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a facelift for that would tighten and remove the excess skin and tighten the fascia overlying the muscles below. Watch my video. I am offering a recession temporary price reduction.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Bone structure and lower facelift

+1

A facelift will certainly work even if you have a retrusive chin. The goal of a lower facelift is to tighten the muscles in the front part of the neck over the Adam’s apple then again at the jawline and along the zygomatic arch. In addition, excess skin is addressed. Fat in the neck is removed from both above and below the platysma muscle to give a new aesthetic contour. The chin implant is your own decision, but it does augment the profile and gives a better look to the facelift when performed simultaneously.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Neck and jowl lifts work for loose skin

+1

Generally, loose skin of the lower face, jowl and neck will respond well to a lower facelift. If a patient has  a weak chin and jawline, simple volumization with soft tissue fillers or fat grafting, thus avoiding implants, can enhance the definition they will achieve from the lift procedure. If a patient really does not want any enhancement of their under-projected chin or jawline, then a lower facelift alone, well executed, can achieve very nicely moderate aesthetic expectations and goals. Of course, always seek a consultation in person with a certified plastic surgeon who has experience and interest in facial rejuvenation before embarking upon any course of action from online information.