What is a Good Antibiotic Ointment for Acne-prone Skin for Use After a TCA Chemical Peel?

I am 32 years old and have had acne prone skin since I was 13 years old. After almost two decades of searching for products to clear my skin, I have found a brand and my skin has been clear for about four months. Now that it is clear, I want to get a 15% TCA peel to remove the uneven skin tone and hyperpigmentation. I have been searching all over the internet for antibiotic ointments to use post-peel, but they all appear to be comedogenic which I refuse to use. What should I use? Pure aloe vera?

Healing Ointment after TCA Peel

+2

We routinely use Aquaphor Healing ointment by Eucerin after our chemical peels. It is non-comedogenic and very well tolerated by patients with many skin types. I would not suggest using an antibiotic ointment after a peel. The antibiotic can sometimes cause an unpleasant skin reaction and should be avoided after your skin has been sensitized by a TCA Peel.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon