What would be a good alternative to a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I am a 26 year old mother of one amazing two year old :). I have had a c-section and one prior breast augmentation. My little boy is a blessing and I am in the process of losing my baby weight with old fashioned diet and exercise. I have come to terms with my 'tiger stripes' and am planning on having a 'mommy makeover' after I am done having kids but I was wondering if there are any procedure that will remove this pannus or at least greatly diminish it? Vanquish, Exilis?

What would be a good alternative to a tummy tuck?

+2
You can try ALL these "non invasive" therapies and see which "might" work. And plea let us know your results if any... 

Alternative from a tummy tuck

+2
Hi there

You can have a mini tummy tuck that will remover the lower excess of abdominal area. It is the Best option to leave the full tummy tuck after you have all your children. 

Dr Silvia Avilés 
Dominican Certified Plastic Surgeon

Silvia Aviles Terrero, MD

+2
Most plastic surgeons would suggest that you finish having children before undergoing a full abdominoplasty with repair of the stretched out abdominal muscles.

There are other options that exist for the appropriate patient: A wedge excision of the lower abdominal excess tissue without repair of the muscle, liposuction in conjunction with the wedge excision, or liposuction alone. Non-surgical fat reduction with a series of Vanquish radiofrequency treatments may improve the abdominal fullness and achieve some benefit, but will not tighten the weakened muscle and will not produce the same result as a surgical procedure.

Keep in mind that following advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on a limited 2 dimensional photo without examining you, physically feeling your tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest that you find a surgeon certified by the American Board of American Plastic Surgery and one who is ideally a member of The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

No true alternatives to a tummy tuck

+1
While nonsurgical procedures may provide a small degree of benefit, when there are stretch marks, loose skin, and a prior C-section scar, the best option is clearly a tummy tuck. Wait until you are done having children however, so no harm in trying nonsurgical options for now. Do not do laser liposuction as that may cause scarring under the skin which can compromise the results of a tummy tuck later.

Richard Baxter, MD

Options? What besides a Tummy Tuck?

+1
Your best bet is a Mini Tummy Tuck.

The operation can vary from surgeon to surgeon. Most of the time it involves significant lower skin and fat removal and liposuction as well. Tightening of the muscles does not have to be done, if you are planning on more children. The belly button can be lowered or not depending on your desires. This should be discussed with your doctor.

Non surgical results will NOT be significant or greatly diminish your stomach area. This is important to understand. They accomplish very little with a high chance of behind disappointed.

Mini Tummy Tucks don't make you as flat as a classic tummy tuck. But this can be done after you are finished having babies.

Good Luck!
Dr Chris Saunders

Christopher Saunders, MD
West Chester Plastic Surgeon