Breasts Are Big and Stiff 2 Weeks Post-op - Will They Look Natural?

I had a breast augmentation surgery 2 weeks ago,my implants are silicone 350cc High profile under the muscle. My Bra size before the op was 32B and I was aiming for 36 or 34 C. My breasts however look bigger than I expected and they are still stiff that whenever I touch them I feel like having big rocks on my chest. my questions are:when my implants drop or fluff, will they feel/look more natural and softer ? Also once the swollen is resolved are they suppose to look smaller or bigger?

2 Weeks Post Op - When Will My Breasts Look Natural?

+3

Silicone implants in the subpectoral space for the first 2-4 weeks look like you have been shot in the back with 2 torpedos.  Don't worry, they all soften.  The muscle at this point is fighting the new, firm object that they cover, and that muscle tightness makes the implants feel hard.  Both your muscle and skin will relax, and as they do, the silicone fluid in the implants will flow down to a more natural, tear drop position.  I am sure since you chose an experienced Board Certified plastic surgeon that your implants are correctly positioned at this point, but the silicone fluid is temporarily malpositioned upwards giving an unnatural, early post operative appearance.  Time, gravity, and some pressure from above will cause your muscle and skin to relax and your breasts will look more natural.

The healing and settling process will make your breasts appear smaller over time.  In my practice, I don't allow my patients to wear a bra for the first month since bras are meant to push breasts upwards, which is just the opposite direction from where you want your implant to finally be.  We use nipple covers from a place called Motherhood.  This gives modesty without displacing your implants.  

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

6 weeks to get the look after breast augmentation

+1

It takes at least 6 weeks to even get close to the final look from BA and even a little longer for HP implants.  Be patient.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

2 weeks post op, you will still have lots of swelling.

+1

You are 2 weeks post op and alot of swelling is normal at his point.  Although it is sometimes hard to wait to see the final result, you should start to see improvement in a few weeks and 6 months maximum.  Be patient.  This is completely normal! 

2 weeks post-op breast implants

+1

At two weeks the breasts will be swollen and possibly tight as you described.  Over time , say 3-4 months, the breasts should soften up as the tissues around the implants accomodate to the stretch.

Breasts will settle down

+1

You are very early in your recovery.  The breasts will soften and feel more natural over the next several months as the swelling resolves. 

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Wait

+1

You still have a lot of swelling. Consult with your surgeon about your concerns. The final size and shape may take up to 3 months.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon