Am I Gonna Be Alright After Exercising in a Week After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty about a week ago.I was told not to do any exercises at all,but others told me nothing would happen and so I danced a bit.actually in average I dance about one hour a day so,it doesn't put too much strain on me.and I didn't feel any pain after it at all.but I still am worried.is my nose gonna be fine?or a permanent damage may occur to it?

+1

No, not really.  The risk of severe bleeding is very real and your Rhinoplasty Surgeon would most likely not allow you to exercise a week after a Rhinoplasty.  I would decline to do a Rhinoplasty, on a patient, if that were the case.

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Exercise after rhinoplasty

+1

In general, it is best to avoid any strenuous activity for the first 4-5 weeks after surgery. Not doing so can increase swelling and delay your healing time. I would recommend speaking with your surgeon, as they know the extent of your procedure and may have specific guidelines they would like you to follow. You would not do any damage, but possibly increase your swelling. There is also an increased risk of bleeding. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery.

Web reference: http://www.rhinoplastyspecialist.com/

Rhinoplasty and exercise

+1

In general, I tell my patients to avoid aerobic activity for 3-4 weeks and heavy lifting and major exertion for 6-8 weeks.  Best to ask your surgeon.

Exercise 1 Week after Rhinoplasty

+1

Exercise 1 week after rhinoplasty is generally not recommended due to the possibility of the higher blood pressure causing bleeding.  If your nose did not change in size or shape with increased pain or bleeding, then the one incident probably will not have long term implications for your rhinoplasty result.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php

Exercise a week after rhinoplasty

+1

First of all, I would recommend following the instructions given to you by your surgeon, as these instructions will increase the chances of you having a better outcome.  One of the main issues with exercise after rhinoplasty is that it can cause bleeding to occur.  The other issue is that there could potentially be some trauma to the nose during certain types of exercise.  In your particular case, since there was no trauma and no bleeding, you most likely did not do any damage to your nose by dancing, but again, I would follow whatever instructions were given to you by your surgeon.    

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon