Golf After Rhinoplasty?

One month ago I had a Rhinoplasty done along with grafts to help me breathe better. I was wondering if I could play golf at this point? I am huge golfer, but understand that my recovery is far more important and I want to be cautious about it. Thanks!

Golf After Rhinoplasty?

+1

Dear Vikings,

Thank you for your question. Ok to play, but don't try to 'kill it'.  Have a bit of a calmer game, and work on your short game.  The more you exert, the more swelling you will have.  Also, important to wear really good sun-block on your nose as your skin is more fragile than usual for about 6 months and more suseptible to being burned.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Golf after rhinoplasty

+1

Hello Vikings, you are safe to play golf, unless you make it a contact sport! Seriously, I advise my patients that, in most cases, 2 or 3 weeks is sufficient time for initial healing for this sport.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and Golf

+1

Hi Vikings,

Time to tee it up!  We ask our patients to wait about 3 weeks before resuming full physical activities.  Anyone see a Titliest 3?  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD