What size Breast Implants do you suggest for more projection and fullness? (photos)
Doctor Answers 5
What size implant for more projection after breast augmentation
The most important thing is to be examined by your plastic surgeon go through the breast implant sizing system and see how you will look in a bra with added increments to 50 cc of breast implant sizer. For more information on how to choose breast implant size please read the following link:
Have a question? Ask a doctor
Unhappy with breast implant size
- It is SO disappointing to not have the result you hoped for,
- You have what looks like a lovely, natural result - but that does not make it right for you!
- A high profile implant will give you more projection and more cleavage,
- But since your size is too small, you would need to go larger.
- It is not possible to tell you exactly how much larger but your are tall,
- See your plastic surgeon to discuss what you hoped for and how much more projection and size you need to get there,
- And compare the options for all 3 implant manufacturers.
Going larger after previous breast augmentation
Given enough time for the tissues to relax and accommodate the first implants and assuming there are no other issues like capsule contracture or things that need correction or adjustment, one can sometimes even add a bit of increased diameter to the replacement implants over the original ones.
What you can't do is just pick an implant size/volume and make it work. Your existing implants look as if they were a bit too wide for your breast and are positioned a bit high relative to your breast base and therefore Dr. Pousti's advice is apt. You need a full evaluation by an experienced plastic surgeon that is familiar with options for adjusting existing results and what implant dimensions you can change to.
If you have Mentor silicone gel-filled implants and you replace them with the same width implant but in a high profile, you could expect to have about 1/2 cup size increase in the forward direction. That is, your cleavage would be deeper but the gap between your breasts would be the same. If you try to bring your cleavage closer together you risk connecting the implant pockets and having them look continuous, a very difficult situation to correct.
You might also like...
Breast Implants for more projection and fullness
Allergan, manufacturers of Natrelle has a style 15 that has more projection than the Mentor moderate plus profile. Natrelle also has a style 20 that has even more projection.
I recommend that you speak with the plastic surgeon that performed your original surgery.
What size Breast Implants do you suggest for more projection and fullness?
Thank you for the question and pictures. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful. In other words, there is no way of knowing exactly what size/profile of breast implant will be necessary to achieve your goals. As you can imagine, every woman has a different amount of starting native breast tissue, chest wall shape, body type... Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:
1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.
2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or "C or D cup" or "more projection and fullness" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate. The use of in bra sizers and computer imaging may also be very helpful during this communication phase.
3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery (after the use of temporary sizers assessed with you in the upright position).
I hope this, and the attached link, helps.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.