What size Breast Implants do you suggest for more projection and fullness? (photos)

I had 450cc mentor mod plus done 1 year ago. I'm still sad about my size even though I've tried so hard to be happy. What size would be reasonable to give me more cleavage and projection. I'm tall 5'8 with athletic build ,Kind regards michele . I have also included a picture of my new breasts in my old loose maternity bra .

What size implant for more projection after breast augmentation

+1
Thank you for your question.  I'm very sorry that you're disappointed with your result.  Based on your photograph you have a beautiful result with your 450 cc breast implants.  As others have stated a high profile implant will give you more projection.  However to use a high profile and maintain the same base width you may need to go up 50 or more cc in volume.

The most important thing is to be examined by your plastic surgeon go through the breast implant sizing system and see how you will look in a bra with added increments to 50 cc of breast implant sizer.  For more information on how to choose breast implant size please read the following link:

Unhappy with breast implant size

+1
Thank you for your question about your breast implants.

• It is SO disappointing to not have the result you hoped for,
  • You have what looks like a lovely, natural result - but that does not make it right for you!
  • A high profile implant will give you more projection and more cleavage,
  • But since your size is too small, you would need to go larger.
  • It is not possible to tell you exactly how much larger but your are tall,
  • See your plastic surgeon to discuss what you hoped for and how much more projection and size you need to get there,
  • And compare the options for all 3 implant manufacturers.
Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Going larger after previous breast augmentation

+1
Although I agree with Dr. Posti's response, I would add that the simplest answer is that you can replace your existing implants with ones with a higher profile as long as you don't change the width of the implant that already fit. This is a fairly simple procedure if you have an incisional scar in the inframammary crease (another good reason to use that approach for first time procedures). 
Given enough time for the tissues to relax and accommodate the first implants and assuming there are no other issues like capsule contracture or things that need correction or adjustment, one can sometimes even add a bit of increased diameter to the replacement implants over the original ones. 
What you can't do is just pick an implant size/volume and make it work. Your existing implants look as if they were a bit too wide for your breast and are positioned a bit high relative to your breast base and therefore Dr. Pousti's advice is apt. You need a full evaluation by an experienced plastic surgeon that is familiar with options for adjusting existing results and what implant dimensions you can change to. 
If you have Mentor silicone gel-filled implants and you replace them with the same width implant but in a high profile, you could expect to have about 1/2 cup size increase in the forward direction. That is, your cleavage would be deeper but the gap between your breasts would be the same. If you try to bring your cleavage closer together you risk connecting the implant pockets and having them look continuous, a very difficult situation to correct. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants for more projection and fullness

+1
First, I want to say that I think you have a very nice result.  If you are looking for more projection out to the front then a Mentor High Profile implant may be appropriate. 

Allergan, manufacturers of Natrelle has a style 15 that has more projection than the Mentor moderate plus profile.  Natrelle also has a style 20 that has even more projection.

I recommend that you speak with the plastic surgeon that performed your original surgery.

Joseph W. Aguiar, MD

What size Breast Implants do you suggest for more projection and fullness?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Unfortunately, online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice to be truly helpful.   In other words, there is no way of knowing exactly what size/profile of breast implant will be necessary to achieve your goals.  As you can imagine, every woman has a different amount of starting native breast tissue, chest wall shape, body type... Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you are looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as  “natural” or "C or D cup" or "more projection and fullness" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.  The use of in bra sizers and computer imaging may also be very helpful during this communication phase.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,   allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery (after the use of temporary sizers assessed with you in the upright position).

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.