Do you think 390cc hp dual plane cohesive gel will be too big for me? I'm 5'5, 53kg. Thanks.

What size of implants are right for me?

+1
Hi. There are many choices to make with breast augmenation, most of which have advantages and disadvantages. You may get a more natural result if the implants are placed under the muscle (or dual plane), and nearly every study looking at long-term implant problems show that there are less problems (such as rippling, contracture, reoperations etc) if the implants are under the muscle compared to on top.

In terms of whether 390 high profile is too big for you depends on what look you are trying to achieve. Your breast width looks relatively narrow, which is why I think your plastic surgeon has chosen high profile implants to accomodate the volume, but this will give you an obvious implant look - make sure your plastic surgeon shows you photos of similar size people with the same implant.  The size of the implant depends on what size you want to be after the operation, and if you chose an implant larger than your current breast there is a greater likelihood you will be able to see and feel the implants. If you chose large implants >350-400cc then you will achieve a more natural result with shaped (tear-drop) implants compared to round implants. It comes down to what shape/look you want from the operation.

Try to find someone with a Vectra 3D imaging machine in your area to simulate your breast augmenation result (see the link below) - in a recent article (Oct 2013) of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Journal (Plast. Reconstr. Surg.132: 810, 2013.), the main Plastic Surgery Journal worldwide, the 3D imaging VECTRA machine was found to be beneficial for patients considering breast augmentation surgery.

The article concluded that patients prefer a center that offers three-dimensional imaging technology; they feel that the simulation is very accurate and helps them greatly in choosing the implant; and that if they could go back in time, they would choose the same implant again.

All the best with your decision. Regards Dr Charles Cope

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Implants to big for you

+1
Hi Lady:

Seeing you pictures It will not be a problem, you will look great, you will see the big and beautiful difference will be.  Look for a certified plastic surgeon with high experience in implants.  Best luck. Hope helps you.

Dr. Silvia Aviles
Dominican Certified Plastic surgeon

Silvia Aviles Terrero, MD

390 may not be a good long term solution

+1
Most Plastic Surgeons use tissue based planning to chose the size of the implant. Based on the amount of soft tissue ( skin, fat, muscle) and the size of the rib cage and your height an implant is chosen. Your tissues will be able to support the implant in the long term and not fail ( I tell my patients its a bit like overloading an elevator past its capacity). 
Failure to respect your tissues will lead to a whole heap of problems in the long term.
Your Plastic Surgeon will be able to advice you on what is appropriate. If 390 has been chosen by your PS based on tissue based planning then you have your answer
All the best

Naveen Somia, MBBS, PhD, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

A 390 could be difficult for your tissues to manage long term!

+1
You skin ultimately be a problem.  You are very thin.Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS