Breast Implants 1 Month Ago and They Are Dropping Unevenly? (photo)

I had a breast augmentation a month ago today, yes I know it's still early in the game, and my breast is still healing. But it looks funny. I cannot find another picture of breast that look like mine. My right looks amazing. It's dropped right into place. It's my left thats giving me problems. It's still pretty high, and the weird thing is my nipple points downward. And my breast looks sagging. I have 370 on left and 400 on right, saline, under the muscle. Its still soft too.

Asymmetry one month out of surgery

+2

You are correct that you need more time to heal.   At one month it is generally too early for most patients to make plans for a revision.  It is very common for the breast to drop unevenly after a sub pectoral augmentation.  Most patients take three to six months to see the final results.  The asymmetry in nipple position prior to the procedure will not be resolved by a simple breast augmentation.  Likewise the different shapes of the breast in general remain after a breast implants but are usually less noticeable. 

Good luck and thank you for your question.

Sincerely,

Anire Okpaku MD FACS

Uneven breasts one month after breast augmentation is not uncommon

+1

Thank you for your question. I do agree with you that one side breast implant is not dropping as quickly and nicely as the other side. It is important that you see your plastic surgeon to discuss this asymmetry and asked for an explanation. If there was an asymmetry before surgery could help explain the asymmetry is seeing now but I agree that the asymmetry I see now is disconcerting. If there is a problem preventing the dropping of one side, revision iscertainly possible.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Best to return to your surgeon for follow-up

+1

Your breast implants one month ago appear to have been placed in the submuscular area.  Sometimes, the inferior dissection is difficult and sometimes there is also asymmetry of the inframammary crease.  In your right breast, this may have been the case.  However, the pectoralis muscle and early contracture may be pulling the implant up.  The normal breast appears to be the left, and the abnormal one seems to be the right.  I think that you need to ask your surgeon about medication versus surgery to correct this with all deliberate speed.

James Carraway, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pocket modification may be needed

+1

Thank you for the question.  You have provided good information.  It may be that you will end up needing pocket modification/release of the left side.  If you are still seeing improvement then of course you would continue to wait.  If there does not seem to be any additional change in the left breast it may be a good idea to set a date for when the pocket release would be performed.  Luckily this can be done in the office under local anesthesia if your plastic surgeon feels comfortable in doing so.  

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Uneven after Breast Augmentation

+1

As you mention, it is still early after your procedure so you can expect changes to occur over the next weeks and months.  Having said that, it appears that there is a difference in the level of the folds under you breasts.  If this pushes the implant higher it can make the nipple look like it is pointing downward.  Perhaps this could account for the asymmetry that you are seeing.  You should speak with your plastic surgeon about your concerns and discuss any options that might be appropriate at this point in your recovery.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon