Going Smaller 4 Months Post BA? (photo)

I am 5'4,115 pounds,I was measured at Victoria Secret as a 34 DD.Before the BA I was 34 A. I got my BA 4 months ago,now planing to go smaller.Never got used to the size.I am going from 425 cc HP to 325 cc not sure HP or moderate.Do I have to wait 2 more months or is ok to do it after 4 months?I am afraid if I wait that long,my breast will get saggy and won't look good after redo.Also what's the best profile to go now,since I got a HP the first time?Please I want to hear any advice.Thank you!!!

Augmentation Size

+2

Implant size selection is something many patients are unrealistic about so adequate communication with the surgeon preoperatively is so important.

A 425cc implant in a 115lb person is on the upper end of extreme. Implants increase in diameter as the size increases, so a 425cc implant on a small chest will place a lot more of the implant in the lateral chest - a look that rightly disturbs many patients.

A higher profile implant also tends to look more artificial than does a lower profile implant.  

Tampa Facial Plastic Surgeon

Going Smaller?

+2

Based upon the one posted photo I would highly recommend NOT to operate again!!! Seek a few in person opinions.//

Going Smaller 4 Months Post BA? (photo)

+2

For removal and replacement of the implant without any pocket adjustment or modification, you can remove and replace the implant at this time. To determine an implant size that is proportional to your body, I need to have at least the circumference of your chest and the width of the desired breast,   I recommend choosing an implant at least 100cc smaller than your current implant size to see a noticeable difference. A high profile implant is desired because it will maintain the upper pole fullness of your breast. Wish you luck.

B. Kalantarian, MD

Revision breast augmentation smaller

+2

I think that after 4 months you probably would be ok to undergo revision to a smaller size.  As for the right profile and volume that is difficult to say without an exam in person. Good luck.

Downsizing implants

+2

You do not need to wait any longer for a revision.  You may want to show your PS photos of your desired size and discuss which profile works best.  If you were my pt, I would recommend going to a more moderate profile and drop to the 275-300cc range.  Hope it goes well.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Smaller Implants, What Profile?

+2

If you are concerned about the upper breast area looking too full, switching to a lower profile in addition to volume reduction will soften the bulging in the upper pole.

Donald Griffin, MD

Breast size is your choice

+2

The one who knows what is the best breast size for you is you and since you have given the current implants a chance, downsize if you wish.

Smaller Implants

+2

You did not include your height, weight, current cup size and target cup size with your information.  Still, here is some general information.  I don't see any reason why you would need to wait another two months to have your procedure done.  I am also not sure that going down only 100 cc's is really going to make that big of a difference to you.  Again, you did not mention your current or desired cup size but I would think that 100 cc's would only decrease your cup size by about half a cup size.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

Going smaller after breast augmentation

+1

From your photo you look more like a D.  Its unlikely that 425 cc will make a person go from an A cup to a DD cup.  It is usually about 150 cc to 200 cc that will increase a person a cup size.  If you are going smaller then I would switch from the HP profile to a Mentor moderate plus gel type of implant.  You want to reduce projection yet keep the width of the implant similar so you will not have a large gap between the breasts.  The final size of your breasts is usually determined at about 6 months.  If your breasts are very soft then even at 4 months its OK to change.  Sometimes its better to leave well enough alone.  If a surgeon is not skilled enough to make a larger pocket fit a smaller implant perfectly the results may not be to your satisfaction.  So chose a surgeon who has done this many many times. 

Benjamin Chu, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Implants too big

+1

dear Patient,

you do not need to wait any longer.

feel free to discuss a revision with your plastic surgeon with exchange to smaller implants: my guess according your photo down to 300 cc -350 cc moderate profile.

I would need to measure you and have your height and weight to give you more precision.

good luck,

Florence Mussat, MD

312-751-9000

Florence Mussat, MD