Am I Going to Need a Revision?

It has been one year since my rhinoplasty was done. My nose looks great, my breathing is a different story. I have scabs and embarrassing boogers ALL the time. I have to clean my nose out hourly. Sometimes I even bleed. I cannot breathe very well at all. I went to my doctor and he suggested breathe right strips. I have never in all my life been able to breathe this well. I am scared that this is my future. What should I do? I am a poor college student who just spent 7000 on the first procedure.

Breathing obstruction 1 year post op rhinoplasty.

+1

Breathing obstruction 1 year post op rhinoplasty. You need to see an ENT surgeon or a rhinoplasty surgeon to see if opening your nasal valves with graft is needed. 

If you have breathing problems or other nasal issues after rhinoplasty you need to get your nose checked

+1

Rhinoplasty should not compromise breathing or cause recurrent bleeding or other issues. Sometimes rhinoplasty can alter nasal function. If you find that you need breathe rite strips or to constantly attend to your nose, you should see a nose specialist to check inside your nose. We can even use nasal endoscopes to look at the inside of your nose up close.

I feel that when it comes to rhinoplasty, it is important to preserve function. An important goal should be to make sure that the nose not only looks good after rhinoplasty but that it works well too.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD

Breeding problems can be created by cosmetic rhinoplasty.

+1

If a large dorsal bump is reduced with a cosmetic rhinoplasty internal valve can be damaged creating breeding problems. If a breathe right nasal strips improves the airway is strongly suggests that the valve is damaged. There is a procedure that can fix this.