I'm Going to Get Restylane to Fill in Lines Around my Mouth. What Should I Expect?

I'm quite excited about it as I'm unhappy with this area. Will I be able to go to work the next day?

Restylane around the mouth

+2

Restylane has gained widespread acceptance as a reliable and safe product used in many countries over the past decade..  It  is composed of hyaluronic acid a smooth gel which contains no animal products.  It comes in three forms, restylane,  restylane fine line which is thinner consistency,  and perlane which is thicker.  For areas around the mouth these products can augment facial folds significantly.   This procedure takes minutes to do and generally is well tolerated.  Most patients have slight swelling and rarely bruising along the injections site.  For most patients they can go to work the same day and cover up any sign of the treatment with makeup.  The results can be dramatic and should look natural.   In some situations its important to treat not just the folds but to enhance volume of the cheeks and areas above the mouth and the chin area below the mouth.  

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane works very well for lines around the mouth.

+2

Hi.

As with everything else, it has to be done right,  but the results can be quite dramatic and last at least nine months.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Restylane for Lines Around the Mouth

+2

This is a highly rewarding procedure. Depending on the depth of your lines, your doctor may choose either Restylane or a choice of Perlane or Juvederm Ultra Plus (for deeper lines/folds). Side effects from this procedure are very well tolerated, and may include temporary tenderness in the area and bruising (not always happens). Many of my patients even return to work the same day or go out socially the same evening. Enjoy your treatment! From Miami, Dr. Bowes.

Leyda Elizabeth Bowes, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Expectations from Restylane injections

+2

The typical side effects associated with hyaluronic acid injections such as Restylane or Juvederm include bruising, redness, swelling and pain. These occur in as high as 90% of patients and usually resolve within several days to one week. Many of my patients are able to return to work the following day. However it is better, if possible, to have a few days off after your injections (such as over a week end) just in case.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Treatment around the Mouth

+2

When you have injectable fillers, you will meet with the surgeon and they will evaluate your face and offer you suggestions of areas that may be improved with fillers such as Juvederm or Restylane.  We then put some numbing cream over the areas to be treated while we prepare the product.  A small needle is then used to inject the filler.  Most fillers now come with numbing medication mixed into the product as well, so this helps with the injections.  In most cases, only a few needle pokes are require to treat the area.  You will see results right away and you will continue to see improvement over the next few days.  You may have a little swelling and there is a small possibility of bruising.  However, most patients do not have bruising.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Great service!

+2

This is probably the most commonly perform cosmetic service on the planet.  It is important to understand that you will get poked with a needle so there is a risk of bruising.  Avoiding herbal products, aspirin, and non steroidal anti-inflammatory agents like Advil and Motrin.  If you are on a product that thins the blood on the order of a physician, always consult that doctor before discontinuing the product.  How long do you need to be off these products.  The answer is the longer the better.  I recommend 10 days.  The service especially with Restylane that contains lidocaine is very comfortable.

Restylane has its uses

+2

It depends what kind of lines they are. If caused by facial animation such as marionette lines or nasolabial folds, use perlane or juvederm. Restylane should really only be used for superficial lines.

Jacob Freiman, MD, FACS
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Restylane

+2

Restylane is a great facial filler that certainly can improve the lines areound the mouth.  Many times there is no bruising, but bruising can happen.

Restylane for lines around mouth

+2

If you have never had filler before, you should plan for the possibility of visible bruising that can last for up to 7-10 days, as well as swelling that can last 2-5 days.  Individuals often can receive filler on a Friday and be presentable the following Monday.  I recommend, however, that you not plan to have the filler done within 10 days of an important social engagement.

Bryan K. Chen, MD
San Diego Dermatologist

Restylane for lines around mouth

+1

Using a smooth dermal filler such as Restylane or Juvederm to soften and fill fine lines is an excellent way to shape the mouth and restore a more youthful frame around the mouth as well.  We believe in striving for a natural outcome that is not over-filled or over-inflated. 

Technique is important in tailoring the treatment plan to the patient's needs and goals.  Be certain that you are involved in reaching mutually shared goals.  

The below link demonstrates methods in the shaping, not only the mouth, but the framework around the mouth as well.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD