I'm Going to Get a Reduction and Was Wondering How Much Weight I Would Lose Going From G-C Cup?

I'm currently size 34 G, weigh 130 pounds and am 5 foot 3 tall. I'm looking to go down to around a C cup. Will I weigh less after the surgery and by how much?

Breast reducton

+1

The exact weight is hard to predict. Usually based upon an exam I can give an approximate wweight for what I would remove. Commonly reductions are in the 500-1000 gm size for each breast whcih translates to about 2-4 lbs total.

Breast Reduction and Weight Loss?

+1

Thank you for the question.   Congratulations on  your decision to proceed with breast reduction surgery. It is one of the most patient pleasing operations we do.  

You will find that immediately after surgery you may have gained a few pounds (with fluid retention).  Longer-term you may  find that you have lost 1 to 2 pounds of breast tissue. There is no direct correlation between the amount of tissue removed and the ultimate cup size that a patient will wear after breast reduction surgery.

Weight reduction with breast reduction

+1

Weight reduction in a situation like this will not be significant. Possibly somewhere in the pound or two range. Given your petite size in relationship to the cup size sounds like you will look and feel a lot better after this is done. Good luck

Sherwood Baxt, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon