What size implants would you recommend for me? (photos)

Going to get my breast pockets tightened this week!! Planning on bigger implants also. Right now I have a 325cc max out at 390cc moderate profile. Suggestions on what I should maybe get? I'm at a c cup now and would like to get to a full D or DD.

What implants to use?

+1

By now, you should have had your procedure.  I hope you chose well and your procedure(s) achieve the goals your desire.  My patients always select the implant size (not style) and I find a style that matches their anatomy.  So the big concern here is you shouldn't be asking others for size and style... you should be picking that yourself after you have had the opportunity to use sizers or visualize yourself with 3D imaging.

Breast aug

+1

I think that a 400- 450 cc's implant will give you definitely more volume, I'd still go with the moderate profile.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

What size implants would you recommend for me?

+1

Thank you for the question. Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you with meaningful specific advice. Ultimately, in person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be necessary. Careful measurements, dimensional planning, and careful communication will be key. Also, make sure that you are happy with the positioning of your breast implants and that adjustment of the breast implant pockets ( for example capsulorraphy) won't be helpful in improving your out come.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery (regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully. Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C or D cup” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup size may also be inaccurate.

The use of computer imaging may also be very helpful during this communication process.

3. Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly, allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals. Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Bottomed out revision

+1

It is always a challenge to decide on size but patients always seem to be happy after going larger, as you're doing - it is of utmost importance that you make this decision with your board certified plastic surgeon in person.

As far as the size goes I think you and your plastic surgeon need to acellular dermal matrix to support the larger implants.  If your 390's bottomed out, what are larger implants going to do?  Also consider the fact that once your current implants are in the right place (as you see them when they're in a bra) they appear much larger.  

Lastly, typically when I revise bottomed out deformities, we use a high profile device.  Lots to consider for your case.  Best wishes,

DoctorMeade

Ricardo A. Meade, MD