Will Going Under Muscle with New Pockets Fix my Symmastia?

i am 160 cm 48 kg, i had my last ba 3 months ago 325 uhp above muscle . i had symmastia because my ps placed the implants two close and over disected.the chest muscle. can a revision surgery going under muscle fix this or will i need internal sutures anyway. thx

+2

There are several ways to fix symmastia.  Going submuscular may produce a fix to the problem in symmastia resulting from subglandular augmentation.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations and breast augmentation revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Causes and correction of symmastia

+2

There are several things that contribute to symmastia: implants too large in diameter, release of the muscle attachment if implants are under, or just placing the implants too close together. If the implants are over the muscle then going under can help fix the problem. Other options include acelleular matrix graft such as Strattice, or just repairing the pocket which will only work if the implants are not too big.

Richard Baxter, MD

Symmastia After Breast Augmentation and Revisionary Breast Surgery?

+2

I am sorry to hear about the complication you have experienced.  

Symmastia (or medial malposition or “uni-boob”) occurs when the breast implants move too far toward the midline--the two implants may actually touch one another in the center of the chest.  This breast implant composition may also be associated with other types of breast implant displacement such as bottoming out of the breast implants as well. The nipple/areola complexes typically will appear off centered on the breast mounds.

Successful correction of symmastia,  in my opinion  does require some experience;  I would suggest that you do your due diligence when it comes to selecting your surgeon for  this type of revisionary breast surgery.

In my practice, having used a variety of “techniques” for correction of symmastia, I find that the most reliable technique involves capsulorrhaphy ( internal suture repair of the breast implant pockets along the cleavage area). Sometimes, the use of acellular dermal matrix is helpful also. Often, it is necessary to “open” the breast implant pocket laterally (outer breast fold) to allow for positioning of the implant centrally behind the breast mound. This maneuver may also decrease the amount of implant pressure against the medial suture line. Use of a smaller breast implant, if possible, may serve the same purpose.

You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more about the  options available.

+1

There are different techniques used to treat symmastia, but going from a subglandular position to a subpectoral ("under the muscle") position is one of the most reliable. Depending on your situation, some suturing to close the old subglandular pocket may be needed just to "tack down" the elevated skin centrally, but the new subpectoral pockets will not rely on the suturing alone to prevent the implants from moving too close together.  Making sure that your implants are not too large and not too wide for your breast and chest wall is critical in order to prevent recurrence.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Symmastia 3 months after?

+1

I hope your surgeon has a good revision policy for you.  You will need more surgery but you need to decide on what is most important to you... size or symmastia as it is possible if your UHP is simply too large for your body dimensions.

Curtis Wong, MD

Conversion to a new pocket is the best treatment for synmastia.

+1

Synmastia should really not occur after breast augmentation. Correction by fixing the pocket is fairly difficult and unpredictable. Moving from a sub muscular pocket or vice versa depending on the plaintiff synmastia is a much simpler and safer correction.