Im Going to Get Large Volume Liposuction, but How Long Do I Have to Wait if I Want to Get a Bbl After?

BBL = Brazilian Butt Lift = Fat Grafting

+2

A BBL is fat grafting to the buttocks. The fat, removed via liposuction from another area of the body, is transplanted to the buttocks to provide additional volume. The BBL should be discussed with your plastic surgeon BEFORE your liposuction. The fat that is removed with your large volume liposuction will otherwise be wasted.

Walnut Creek Plastic Surgeon

How long after large volume liposuction can I have the BBL?

+2

I would suggest that if you are having large volume liposuction that you should use the fat for the BBL. If not, you may not have enough donor fat after the large volume liposuction. I think you should discuss this issue with your plastic surgeon before undergoing the large volume liposuction.

George Lefkovits, MD

Large Volume Liposuction and Brazilian Buttlift After?

+2

If you are having liposuction, then why not use that fat at the same time to perform the Brazilian buttlift?  If you really want to wait and have enough fat to transfer after the first round of liposuction, I would recommend waiting at least 6 months before another liposuction is performed.

Liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL)

+1

I suggest that you talk to your plastic surgeon about combining the procedures:

• BBL (Brazilian Butt Lift) injects fat to enlarge the buttocks. About 250-500 cc of fat are injected into each side.
  • A large volume liposuction removes 5-7 L of fat and fluid. This produces 2.5 - 3.5 L of fat - plenty for the BBL.
  • It makes sense to use the liposuction fat.
  • Remember - much of the fat is absorbed. The procedure can be disappointing.

Hope this helps!

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Brazilian But Lift timing.

+1

Thanks for your question.  I agree with other clinicians that you need to discuss the Brazilian But Lift procedure prior to your moving forward with large volume liposuction.  You will need to preserve some fat to transfer to the gluteal region for the brazilian but lift to be successful.  This will need to be pre-planned so that adequate fat is available for the procedure to be a success.  Hope this helps to answer your question.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Large Volume Liposuction and BBL after, How Long to Wait?

+1

If you are removing fat from an area different from the one(s) that you will need for the Brazilian Butt Lift, then you can proceed in a month or so, after you are comfortable and recovered from the first procedure.

However, if you are limited in the areas or amount of fat that can be used for the fat grafting for the BBL, be sure to do the BBL first. Otherwise you may find that you have discarded fat that you needed.

Your plastic surgeon will be well aware of these considerations and will give you specific guidance on how to proceed.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction is a part of a Brazilian buttock lift

+1

I would recommend combining the liposuction with the fat transfer to the buttock, this way you do not waste the fat from liposuction alone. I recommend consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon before having any type of liposuction if you are planning to augment your buttock with fat.

Dr.Bruno.

William Bruno, MD

Timing of liposuction and BBL

+1

BBL is a Brazilian Buttock Lift which is done with fat augmentation. The timing should be the same. Remove the unwanted fat from your midsection, thighs, back and arms and inject the prepared fat into the buttock muscles and buttock fat compartment to enhance the shape and size.You do not state your height and weight or show any photos which would be helpful in answering your question. Is this large volume liposuction done in one session or in stages? It is not enough to add fat to the buttock area without subtracting volume from above the buttocks and or the thighs. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

BBL after Large volume liposuction

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.  By BBL we all assume you mean Brazilian Butt Lift, and not Broad Band Light (a cousin to IPL).  Fat injections are done immediately after liposuction with the fat harvested in special sterilized containers.  If you wait for the fat injections, then there will more than likely not be any reasonable fat to improve the shape of your buttocks.  I would contact a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience withthe procedure to ensure you are getting correct information.  Best of luck.

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Combine liposuction and buttock augmentation

+1

A Brazillian Buttock Lift makes use of liposuctioned fat by using the fat to augment the buttock area. This should be done at the same time as your liposuction. Please discuss this option with your surgeon.

Lawrence Iteld, MD