I'm Going in on Feb 14 2013 for Tummy Lipo. My Question is How Painful is the Recovery? (photo)

6 months out from full Tt..

Liposuction

+1

You may have significant discomfort for 5-7 days, with gradual improvement after that. Post operative pain is somewhat dependent on the surgeon and his/her experience, and how it is done. Make sure your surgeon has experience, and is a board certified Plastic Surgeon. Looking at your photo I am concerned you may not get a great result, so make sure you have seen a Plastic Surgeon, who can offer other options, as opposed to another specialist that only does lipo and cannot offer a better option.

Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Tummy liposuction recovery

+1

Thank you for your question about recovery from tummy liposuction. Liposuction recovery usually goes like this - 

• drain fluid for about 24 hours
  • need pain medicine and muscle relaxants for 2-3 days
  • stiff, sore and need pain medicine to sleep for another week or so.
  • wait 6 weeks for liposuction swelling to start to subside
  • Hope this helps! 

How Painful is the Recovery?

+1

Usually quite modest and way less than was the discomfort from the TT. All the best for your recovery. 

Recovery from liposuction is fairly uneventful.

+1

Fortunately liposuction causes very little postoperative pain. Most patients go about their daily activities the very next day. Vigorous physical activity is resumed upon the prescription of the surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag.php?ID=20

Lipo

+1

Liposuction of the abdomen is usually not painful and most patients are back to their normal activities in a few days

Liposuction of abdomen

+1

Liposuction of the abdomen is not usually too uncomfortable.  Most patients get back to normal non-exertional activity in a few days.

Abdominal lipo postop pain

+1
Tummy lipo can be uncomfortable for the first few postop days but nothing that cannot be controlled by oral analgesia. You should be able to return to work one week postop and to be moving around with some degree of comfort by day 3.

I'm Going in on Feb 14 2013 for Tummy Lipo. My Question is How Painful is the Recovery?

+1

Pain is subjective so each person has their own pain tolerance level. Best to be prepared with a fill Rx of pain medication. 

Liposuction recovery

+1

Liposuction of the abdomen is usually uncomfortable for a few days, requiring pain medicines.  You may experience numbness or even hypersensitivity over 3-6 weeks following liposuction.  No question, the tummy tuck is typically much more uncomfortable than liposuction of th abdomen.

Tucson Plastic Surgeon

How Painful is the Liposuction

+1

The tummy tuck is definitely the more painful of the two.  In addition, if you have residual numbness from the tummy tuck, the liposuction will hurt even less.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA