What's Going to Happen Next? (photo)

This is me 2 days post op 300cc mentor smooth round silicone moderate plus profile implants. They are tight, hard, perky and I don't think I have a better cleavage than before. Will they drop so I have a crease underneath? Did I get the wrong size/profile? :(

Implants Drop in 3 to 6 months

+4

Implants take time to drop or to settle to their final position.  I would agree with others that you had a tight envelope.  In addition, you had a very short nipple areola to inframammary fold distance.  This will take a little more time to stretch.

Concerned After Breast Augmentation

+2

Hi,

Your concerns are common after breast augmentation:

• The breasts soften and the implants settle ("drop") during the first 6 weeks after surgery.
  • Your final cleavage depends on your before cleavage space and the implant base width.
  • Allow at least 3-6 months for settling before questioning your decision on implant size and profile.
  • Keep your post-op appointments with your PS so he can reassure you that you are recovering as expected.

Thanks for your question and good luck!

Stephen M. Lazarus, MD
Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Your breast shape will improve

+2

Thank you for the question and photos.  I am certain that your breasts will improve in shape and appearance as your healing progresses.  In terms of your breast size or cleavage you will have to determine this for yourself once healing has occurred.  The amount of cleavage will not increase with time, nor will the overall breast size.  If either of these are important issues for you, you may well choose to have larger implants placed at some point in the future.  At this time, however, I would definitely give your body a chance to heal and yourself a chance to get used to and evaluate your new breasts.

Dr Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Concerns after Breast Augmentation?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Based on your pictures, I think that you are doing quite well after the  breast augmentation procedure. Based on the preoperative appearance of your breasts ( constricted/tuberous) it may take many months for the breast implants to fully settle. Whether or not you develop a true “crease"  is hard to predict. I do think that your cleavage area will be approved compared to your preoperative pictures;  you may find that the cleavage will look “deeper” as the perioperative swelling subsides.

For now, I would suggest that you not worry, continue to exercise patience, and continue to follow-up with your plastic surgeon.

Be patient in Augmentation Results.

+2

Hello and thank you for your question.

It appears you have a very normal post-operative result for being 2 days post-op.  The amount of cleavage you get depends on how the breast pocket is developed and the base diameter size of the implant.  Two days out you will have quite a bit of swelling and there is no way of knowing.  Be sure to follow your surgeons post-op managment course of massage, tension bands or what he suggests.  Explain to him/her your concerns and they will guide you.

Best Wishes!

Pablo Prichard

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breast Enhancement

+1
Your skin and muscle will stretch so things will start to look better in a few weeks but everything seems normal

Ryan Neinstein, MD, FRCSC

Two days post-op from breast augmentation

+1

At two days it is way too early to see the results. Give it time for the implants to settle into the pocket. 

What's Going to Happen Next?

+1

Based upon the posted photos your early result looks good for the small size you chose. The number #1 compliant is a too small size. So that could be your initial issue. The inferior displacement comes with time and massages. Best to discuss these issue with your surgeon. 

Time will allow your result to mature.

+1

Your before photo shows small breasts with an apparent tight skin envelope.  Your post operative photo shows good symmetry and positioning.  The implants are going to need time to settle and drop as the skin relaxes, this typically occurs over 4-6 months.  After 4-6 months, you will see the final result and then if you wish to narrow your cleavage or increase your size, you will have a better idea of what you want.  Be patient.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Post Operative Augmentation Results

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures. Your  concerns are valid, but you are very early on in the healing process. There is a significant amount inflammation and scarring taking place. The soft tissues are tight and being stretched by the implants. This is all normal and should improve over the next 3 months. At approximately the 3 month period you should start to notice that the swelling has significantly subsided, the soft tissues have relaxed, and the implants have begun to settle into their desired location further filling out the breasts.

At this point my recommendation is to be patient and continue to follow up with your plastic surgeon. I hope this helps.

Best of luck.

Pedro M. Soler, Jr., MD