Going from submuscular to subglandular then back to submuscular again at a later date?

Hello, I have a quick question that I am hoping you would be able to answer for me. Question: Is it possible to have current Gummy Bear Implants taken from submuscular to subglandular, then back to submuscular again at a later date? Thank you for your feedback ~ Margaret Lockhart

+1
Thank you for your question. Why the multiple pocket changes? What are you thinking or trying to accomplish? The more surgeries, the higher risk of complications, scarring and less than optimal outcome. See a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss what would be the best option for you. Good luck.

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

Fewer breast augmentation procedures reduces the risk of complications

+1

Thank you for your question. What you describe is physically possible.

However each time your breast implant pocket is entered surgically, the risk of complications such as capsular contraction increases.

Be sure to thoroughly discuss your concerns and plans with your board certified plastic surgeon.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

+1

Thank you for the question. In short, it is possible to have the procedures that you describe performed. However, you should be aware that it is always in patients best interest to undergo as few operations as possible. Every breast operation exposes you to additional risks and each additional procedure may be more challenging and/or complication prone. Consider issues such as scarring etc. that occurs with each operation.