I am going from a small B cup to 500 cc silicone implants, but I am having second thoughts, will they be too big now? (photo)

I am 5'6" & 115 lbs. When I tried on the bra with the 500 cc silicone in it, it looked perfect sized, but now that I am looking at other women who went from a B cup to 500 cc, their breasts look WAY too big for my comfort. I have pretty far apart breasts, and that is why the dr. recommended me to go for the 500 cc. My ideal breasts would be a Large C / Small D.

I am going from a small B cup to 500 cc silicone implants, but I am having second thoughts, will they be too big now?

+1

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as   “natural” or "too big"  or “C or D cup”  etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate. The use of computer imaging may be helpful during this communication process.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help. 

Avoid over implantation

+1
Unfortunately, you have not told us your bra size just your cup size. If you are a 32 or 34 each 100 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. If you are a 36 or 38 each 200 cc’s of implant corresponds to 1 cup size change. From this, you can compute the volume required to achieve your desired goal. However, 500 cc implants are quite large, will not fit retro-pectoral, will extrude inferiorly and laterally requiring revision. I always recommend small round textured silicone gel implants placed retro-pectoral since they look and feel more natural, are more stable, less likely to ripple or have complications needing revision. In the retro-pectoral position, the profile of the implant is irrelevant since the muscle compresses it.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Measurements help determine implant size

+1
My opinion is consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  There are many factors that determine implant size such as height and weight, but also chest diameter.  An important factor is always the patients ideal outcome. No two women with 500 cc implants will have the same exact look.  Good luck with your decisions.

Stephan L. Ralston, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

+1

Pretty posted photo but not helpful, need frontal un bread posted photo. In general terms the 450 to 500 cc HP implants could be the choice if you desire D++ implants appearance.///

Ideal implant size?

+1

There are many factors and anatomic measurements beyond weight and height that should be utilized in selecting the ideal implant size and shape for any particular individual. Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you what to do based on two dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure may not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person. 

Robert Singer, MD  FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Might be a tad too full

+1

Can you give me some more information?  What measurements were taken,etc?  How did your doctor size you?

All members of the Utah Plastic Surgery Society are experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeons who can help with your decision.  You should check your surgeon's credentials and look for membership in our society.  I've provided the link below.

Brian K. Brzowski, MD
Ogden Plastic Surgeon

Ideal breast implant size

+1
The ideal breast size is a matter of opinion and taste.  As long as you have a good understanding of what 500 cc will look like on you based on trial implants, this very well may be a good size for your tastes.

In my opinion, based on your body type, 500 cc will make you look out of balance and detract from the beauty of your shape.  I would assume you would be in at least a DD bra with that implant size.  I'm not sure how larger implants would help with the distance between the breasts and in my opinion would only make matters worse.

Did you use 3D imaging to help you "see" the shape and size on your body?  If not, I would recommend it.  It will either help you feel comfortable with 500 cc implants or determine a size that you like better.   Breast shape is something that is difficult to tell with trial sizers alone.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

500 cc #BreastImplants

+1

The key to success with a breast augmentation is not the volume of an implant, but what that volume does on your frame. You need to show your surgeon your goals and then trust him/her to give you the volume that will best create that look on your body. No surgeon can predict what a specific implant will do pre-surgery. Communicate with your doctor as 500 cc will look very different on different patients depending upon anatomy and tissue characteristics.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

500 cc breast implants are huge please do not deform yourself

+1
Thank you for your question and photograph.   You are a beautiful young woman with a superb physical shape.  500 cc breast implants are huge and will look out of place on your excellent physique.  Personally based on your photographs I would go no larger than 350 cc  which should give you a nice full looking breast which matches the rest of your body. Please read the link below and look at the pictures and also go to loveyourlook.com and look at photos of different sized breast implant results.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS