I Am Going from a C to a D or DD. Had 3kids And Breast Are a Little Deflated, What Do You Reccomend? (photo)

I have had 3 kids, not having any more. I am a small deflated c cup, I would like a large d cup or DD. What do you recommend? How does it effect stretch marks? I am 5'5 140 curvy but fit.

Consider dimensional breast augmentation

+1
I use a technique called dimensional breast augmentation which involves taking in a number of factors and measurements, so each patient is unique. That being said, given your height, weight, and your activity level, along with the fact you are considering a lift, I would say you are probably not that far off in choosing an implant in that range. Best thing to do is to see a qualified plastic surgeon that has good breast expertise.

Developing stretch marks after surgery are primarily dependent on if you have a history of them. If your skin is elastic and healthy, then chances are you won't develop stretch marks.

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Going from a C to a D or DD

+1

The photos is insufficient to provide a full recommendation. To add the volume that you mention, you will need a breast augmentation. However, an inperson consultation for examination and review of your objectives, lifestage, and lifestyle will determine if a lift would be recommended as well. Consult with 3 - 4 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to explore your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast lift with implants

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo. Based on what you say and have shown, you can have some type of breast lift (circumareolar or vertical) and the addition of breast implants. To be sure about which type and to determine the appropriate sized implant, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

What implants should I choose for D or DD cup size?

+1

Go for Natrelle Style 45 full profile smooth surface silicone gel prostheses in the subglandular position through an inframammary approach.  Diameter of implants should be slightly less than your measured breast base width.  This will result in DD cup or so, and likely fill your skin envelope sufficiently that formal mastopexy (breast lift) will be unnecessary.  You'll still have striae (stretch marks), but less prominent because skin is stretched by implants and marks become more shallow.  Try these implants on before committing.  They are large.

Steve Laverson, MD

You need to select your own implant size for breast augmentation.

+1

You need to select your own implant size for breast augmentation after a consultation with a plastic surgeon.  They should recommend a range of sizes that will work with your body and then allow you to select the size which matches your mental image that you have created.

You also need to meet with a plastic surgeon to discuss the possibility of needing a breast lift at the same time. Make sure you select a surgeon that feels comfortable performing an augmentation with a lift at the same time.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Implants + lift

+1

Dear Danielly19,

if you were my patient I would need to measure you ( with your arms down ) to determine all measurements of your breasts, and around your chest to see your exact cup size ( just like at Victoria Secret ! ). 

it looks like you have a ptosis grade II, with the left breast lower than the right. ( a pen under your breasts will hold alone )

I would then make you try on different sizers based on the diameter of your breast: my guess, according your picture, around 400 CC +/- if you want to be a DD.

then I would tell you you can choose between a saline or a silicone implants, since you would have enough tissue coverage. ( saline implants are cheaper )

the implant would be placed in a submuscular ( partial ) pocket, and then combined with a per-areolar lift at the same time to raise and reduce your nipple sizes.

Bear in mind a few points:

a large implant bringing you to a DD may make you look  " matronly " for your height and weight, and also may be heavy to carry on your chest in the future, with potential back pain. you need to try on those sizers, take a picture of yourself, or even better, walk around with them for a few days. 

the periareolar mastopexy does carry a risk of loosing nipple sensation.

the stretch marks will be " filled up " by the volume of the implants, but will not disappear.

you need to go to a BC plastic surgeon with experience in breast surgery.

Good luck,

Florence Mussat, MD

Florence Mussat, MD

Correction of breasts after 3 kids

+1

From your photos, it is very likely that you will need a breast lift (mastopexy) with your implants.  You may have enough breast tissue to achieve your goals without an overly large implant, but without examining you I cannot say for sure.  Also, one cannot predict an exact bra size before surgery.  I suggest that you see a board-certified plastic surgeon to fully discuss your goals.  Ask if you can work with implant sizers, as we do in my office, to help you and your plastic surgeon figure out what size will work best for you.

Bruce Genter, MD
Abington Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift and augmentation

+1

From the photo, it looks like you may benefit from a small breast lift procedure and an augmentation.  It also appears that you have enough breast tissue that you can chose either saline or silicone implants.  WIthout a physical exam, it would be difficult to assess what amount of lifting you may get from an implant alone.  I would definitely go for a consultation and look for someone who is board certified.

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Breast augmentation and breast lift

+1

It is difficult to tell from your photograph but it appears that you have some degree of breast sagging due to your pregnancy as well as some loss of breast tissue in the upper quadrant.   You will need an implant that will fill your base diameter as well as expand your breast envelope.  I would not expect that you would develop any stretch marks from the surgery.  It is possible that your would also need a breast lift but it is difficult to tell from this one photo