Going from A to C After Breastfeeding, How Long do I Need to Wait? (photo 0

how often will I need repairs on a scilicone breast augmentation under the muscles? Is it worth it I had two babies and breast fed both I use to be a C cup now down to a floppy A. How much recovery time will be needed if I do decide to do this? ALso how long do I have to wait after stopping breast feeding

Breast implants and breast feeding

+2

Your posted photos show asymmetric breasts with the right breast hanging lower than and a different shape vs. the left. You will therefore need more than just putting in implants to obtain an optimal result. You need to wait until the breast milk machinery turns off and then some because if it is still working the implants will stimulate the production of more milk that possibly stays inside the breast. I would say a year after you think it is off.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Wait 6 months after breast-feeding before breast augmentation

+1

Thank you for your question. It is best to wait 6 months after finished breast-feeding before considering breast augmentation.

From your photograph you do have some breast ptosis or sagging. You may need a breast lift in addition to breast augmentation to correct your asymmetry and make your breasts more upper lifted.

Be sure to consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, experienced in cosmetic breast surgery, and who has an excellent reputation in your community.

Web reference: http://drseckel.com/surgical-procedures/result-oriented-breast-augmentation-breast-enlargement/

Breast implants after breast feeding

+1

Thank you for your question and the photos. It is customary to wait about three months after your milk has dried up before undergoing breast augmentation. Only you can answer whether it is worth it or not for you.  Breast implants may last 8, 10, 15 years maybe longer, sometimes shorter. I tell all young, healthy women who get breast implants this...implants are a medical device. They do not last forever.  If you live long enough (which I hope you do), you will live to see the day that you need to have one or both of your implants replaced. It is a cosmetic surgery and insurance will not likely cover to have them replaced. Whether you choose to go over or under the muscle is up to you and your surgeon. The recovery is usually off pain medicine and driving at about a week and full unrestricted activity at six weeks. Ask your plastic surgeon specifically what his/her recovery instructions are. To be sure you are full informed, see two or more board-certified plastic surgeons in your area for a full and complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.  I hope this helps.

Implants after breast feeding

+1

wait several months after you stop :

• make sure the size is stable
  • you will need a lift
  • consider gel implants 
  • periareola lift may be enough to fill and shape

Augmentation and breast feeding

+1

You should wait a few months after stopping to breast feed so that the breasts engorgement settles. Good luck.

Augmentation After Breast Feeding - How Long to Wait?

+1

I usually have my patients wait 6 months after breast feeding before having a breast augmentation. You want to make sure that your breasts are completely done changing, plus if gives you more time to potentially get some additional skin retraction. Your breasts appear to have a good amount of size assymetry and your right breast is more ptotic (sagging), potentially into lift territory. This may also improve if you give it more time before augmentation.

Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation after Breast-feeding?

+1

Thank you for the question than pictures.

I would suggest that you wait at least 3 months after you have stopped breast-feeding before seeking consultation for breast augmentation. Generally, breast augmentation recovery takes anywhere from 4 to 7 days depending on the patient.

Although difficult to give you precise advice based on the pictures provided,  you do have some breast asymmetry and your right breast does appear to be lower on the chest wall compared to the left.  Some breast lifting may be necessary to improve symmetry.

I would suggest an in-person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm