Is Going from 600cc to 800cc on a Female Bodybuilder Going to Make That Much of a Difference? (photo)

Hello! I am a 5 foot 8, 170 pound female bodybuilder who had breast augmentation surgery 5 months ago. I had 600cc high profile silicone implants placed over the muscle, and I feel they aren't big enough for my frame. I know that the silicone implants only go up to 800cc, so I am now faced with the decision of going with the 800's hoping they will make my breasts fuller looking or switching to saline and going with an overfilled 900cc implant. Which way should I go to get the look I want?

Bigger isn't always better

+1

I may be the lone voice here, but you seem to have a natural-looking full set of breasts now despite your low body fat and muscular definition.  Don't do it!  You may experience ripples, thinning and even the Tyndall effect.  Bigger isn't always better.

Bismarck Plastic Surgeon

Bigger implants to 800 cc

+1

Looking at your photos it seems that your nipples are pointing downward, and may need to be lifted. Larger implants may cause more sag.

Size Dilemma

+1

Hello MuscleGirl,

A change from 600 cc to 800 cc is 200 cc, or a third more than you have (200/600=1/3).  Using my 'rule of thumb', that falls into the range of moderate change; something that you will definitely appreciate.  If you are looking for a bigger change, something that I feel (granted, only an opinion) falls outside of 'proportionate' for you, than 50% or 900 cc.  The problem is saline will be a bad choice; it's higher density and elastic component will stretch out and thin your skin, leaving you prone to visible traction rippling in the front of your breasts.

Leave well enough alone or move to the top of the silicone gel chart. 

Web reference: http://www.drminniti.com

600cc to 800cc

+1

This change will make a modest difference. Since these are above the muscle, I would discourage the use of saline. They will feel unnatural and will have more ripples, which may be visible. The small size increment is not worth the risk. 

Right now your nipples are rather low on the breast, and therefore doing a breast lift would be a consideration. SInce you don't bring that up it may be that the position is OK with you. Know that with larger implants, they will probably look lower.

As always, discuss the pros and cons carefully with your surgeon. All the best. 

Extremely Large Breast Augmentation

+1

An implant 200cc larger will likely result in a cup size increase in the size of your breast. Extremely large implants will put you at more risk for sagging (the kind you do not want). So how large an implant will make you is not the only consideration when choosing size. Most patients prefer a large perky breast over an extremely large sagging breast.I would advise you to speak with your surgeon about the pros and cons of different incision sites.

Web reference: http://www.chicagobreast.com

Large implants over the muscle in female body builder, from 600cc to 800cc

+1

It will make a difference. Will stretch your skin more, thin the breast tissue more and will look more fake. You as a body builder who is concerned about body shape and look, I would advise against it.

Web reference: http://www.bellevueplasticsurgeons.com

Bellevue Plastic Surgeon

If you are trying to get a rounder look, with the least rippling, may want to consider the mentor moderate plus

+1

Examining the implants side by side may help - you do have to worry about rippling down the road and the best implant for limiting rippling is the mentor moderate plus silicone gel implant,  in my opinion. Be specific about what you are trying to achieve with your surgeon so he or she can let you know your best options.

Larger implants

+1

I have two thoughts after reading your post:  First, once you get into the upper volume range for implants,  200 cc's more will probably not make that significant of a difference.  It will make a slight difference but may not be enough to make you happy.  Second, the larger the volume placed in your breasts, the more your tissue will need to stretch and thin out to cover the implants.  Since your implants are located above the chest muscle, I think that if you switch to saline simply to add another 100 cc's, you are very likely to feel ripples and wrinkles from the implants.  This would certainly be a bigger risk in your case with saline implants than with silicone gel implants.

Silicone Breast Augmentation

+1

I think going to an 800cc implant will make a good difference - but it really matters how big you want to be.  I think the silicone implants over the muscle will feel and look much more natural than saline implants so that alone may help you make your decision.  Good luck! K. Roxanne Grawe, MD Columbus Plastic Surgery

Web reference: http://www.roxyplasticsurgery.com

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation

+1

Since your implants are in front of the muscle, I would stay with silicone. Going with saline may result in visible rippling. Good luck

Columbia Plastic Surgeon