Going from 390 to 650 Implants? (photo)

Hi, I am 5'4" and 130 pounds, and going from 390 which has settled into a small C to a 650 and am hoping for a D, and would actually prefer a DD to balance my body. Although hard to tell without seeing me, is this a possibility or should I go up more? Thanks!

Going from 390 to 650 Implants?

+1

Your current breast shape, though not at all unattractive, resembles the shape of the implant. My concern for your is that with implants as large as you are considering, the breasts will have an unnatural appearance. When you discuss size change with your surgeon, pay attention to both the pros and the cons.

All the best. 

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Revisionary Breast Surgery??

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.   I suggest you find goal pictures, demonstrating what you would like to achieve.
If I were seeing you in consultation, I would ask that you allow me to choose the best breast implant size/profile to match your goals ( that you demonstrate in the goal pictures),  after the use of  temporary sizers during surgery.  

Increasing Breast Implant Size from 390cc to 650cc

+1

Changing from basically 400cc to 650cc implants is a 62% change in volume. That should be more than enough to a achieve a very noticeable change and somewhere between a D to DD cup size. Certainly no bigger implants are needed. There is the debate as to whether you should really go to this size given your body frame and the risks of long-term bottoming out but that is a discussion you should have with your plastic surgeon. The debate is where in the range of 550cc to 650cc implant exchange is adviseable. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

390 to 650 implants

+1

Your photo looks good. I think if you go to 650, it may be too big for your frame. Remember the larger the implant, the heavier, the more pressure on the soft tissues to hold it up, the earlier relapse.

Increasing breast implant size

+1

Be careful on such a large implant. If you are 5'4" and 130lbs then a 650cc implant or a DD is not really going to balance your frame. I would suggest a high profile implant and probably not larger then 550cc. Your plastic surgeon can help you with this decision. Too large implants over time with you frame may lead to a result requiring revision surgery. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Choosing Breast Implant Sizes

+1

As you have realized, it is difficult to decide on breast implant sizes.  Our new imaging system the VECTRA XT - see video below - helps patient visualize various breast implants on their own body.  That said, you really need to think about having such large implants as 650 cc.  That is a lot of weight to carry around.  Perhaps have your plastic surgeon lend you some 650 cc implants and wear them in your bra for a few hours and see if that is really what you want.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Increasing your breast implant size

+1

As you said, it is impossible to say without seeing you in person, but you can certainly go bigger. I think 650 may be large but you will need to have this discussion with your surgeon.

Matthew Schulman, MD