Will Going from 371cc to 213cc Natrelle Style 15 Implants Make a Dramatic Difference? (photo)

I am 39 years old, 5'6' and 125 lbs. Before breast implants I was a Small 34B. I am a 34D now. I never wanted big breasts. I only wanted my deflated and saggy ones to look good again. I have decided to have another surgery and get smaller implants. I am considering Natrelle Style 15 213cc implants. Will this make my breasts dramatically smaller? Because that is what I want. I am hoping to achieve a full B, small C, no more than that.

If you are not happy with the size of your breast implants smaller ones would be reasonable

+2

Thank you for the photos.  Going from 371 to 213 will make a difference as this would be about a 30% reduction.  If you truly are not happy with the size of your current breasts then the only option you have is to have a smaller implant.  You will have to make this decision for yourself as I think many would agree that the size of your current breasts appear to be in good proportion to your body.

Dr Remus Repta

Downsizing breast implants

+2

The same problems in choosing implants to put in or upsizing existing implants also relate to replacing them with smaller implants. You cannot just pick a size (volume in cc's) and make it work. 

In downsizing, the width/diameter of the replacement implant needs to be the same or very slightly less than the existing implant while the forward volume (profile) can come down within what is available. Since your are a medium profile (Style 15) gel-filled implant, you can decrease it to a low profile (Style 10) implant but that's it. A "smaller" implant that is narrower than your current breast and implant pocket will potentially float around like a foot that's too small for a shoe and you will definitely lose upper pole fill. The pocket size does not shrink down reliably with a smaller diameter implant and narrowing the pocket is rather difficult. 

I would look up the diameter of your existing implant in the Style 10 implants and see what that implant volume is for that diameter or very slightly smaller. Usually it's about a half cup size decrease in apparent volume of the breast. The next option is to remove the implants and lift the breast although this will not give forward projection or specifically fill in the upper pole and has a significant scar tradeoff. 

Scott L. Replogle, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Decreasing breast implant size

+2

Given your photos and size of your frame, I believe that a decrease of breast implant size from a 371cc  to  213cc should accomplish what you are hoping to achieve.  Although, no one can guarantee a specific cup size,  the size implant you are proposing should put your breasts in the C cup size range.  Best wishes.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Hello

+2

Thank you for your pictures, it looks like you would get what you are wanting with the downsizing size you are looking to get.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Downsizing #BreastImplants

+2

From your photos, it appears that you will see a change with the downsizing you propose. However, you have to remember that the volume you want removed will cause you to have less fullness on the upper aspect of the breast (the new implant is smaller). This may also leave you with some excess skin as the breast is less full leading to a more "droopy" appearance. You need to understand the possible outcomes before you decide as it is not as simple as just exchanging for smaller implants.

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Downsizing Implants

+2

Downsizing of breast implants can be a relatively straight forward procedure but it has its complications. When downsizing I do recommend a reduction of at least 100 cc. In your case the 160 cc is a 40% reduction which will be significant. I would entertain the Style 10 with a larger diameter but this is something to discuss with your surgeon. 

Communication between you and your surgeon is critical prior to any surgical procedure to avoid this situation. I would encourage you to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon to help you more clearly understand what you are trying to achieve.

Good luck and I hope this was helpful

Robert W. Kessler, MD, FACS
Corona Del Mar Plastic Surgeon

About 150cc smaller breast implants

+2

Thank you for your posting - I do think that the size decrease you are considering will put you in the range you're looking for. In my experience, for there to be a satisfying change in implant size, patients usually need to shoot for around 100cc difference.  You're going for a difference of nearly 160cc which I do think will put you in the range that you're describing.

Scott W. Mosser, MD

Implant downsizing

+2

The volume change you are contemplating should put you in the cup size range that you want...keep in mind that though this is a simple procedure, it is not without risk of infection and capsule contracture .

Leonard T. Yu, MD
Maui Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing of Breast Implants Concerns…

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

The downsizing of breast implants are you have described will certainly lead to a significant ( “dramatic”) change in breast size. Whether or not this is the “right answer” for you will depend on many variables…The exact cup size you will end up cannot be accurately predicted.  I would suggest that you do not base your communication ( with your plastic surgeon)  and/or your satisfaction with the end results of surgery based on achieving a specific cup size.

I would also suggest that you select your plastic surgeon carefully, communicate your goals clearly (I prefer the use of goal pictures), and allow your plastic surgeon to guide you in the selection of breast implant size/profile. Remember, that issues such as skin elasticity and its ability to be to “bounce back” will need to be taken into consideration. 

In my practice,  often the final decision of best breast implant size/profile is made intra operably after the use of temporary sizers (with the patient in the upright position). 

371cc to 213cc

+2

Sounds like you went up two full cup sizes or so. Using an implant about half the size should put you in the C range. Remember there are no fixed definitions of cup sizes, and no certainties. 

Thanks for your question and for the attached photos. Best wishes.