Is Going from a 34b Cup to 36d Cup Too Much?

My concern is if i go to big my skin would strech too much and the probabilities of losing nipple sensation would increase. Im 5 2" , and weight 128

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the larger the implant and the higher the chance of sensation change.   In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

NO

+1

There are studies showing that there is an increased risk in losing sensitivity the larger the implant.  However, it is uncommon.   Being a surgeon in Las Vegas, it is common for us to go from a B cup to a D cup or even from and A cup to a D cup.   It is best to pick the size that makes you happy, and understand that loss of some nipple sensitivity is possible with any breast augmentation.    In order to lower your chances of losing sensitivity to the nipple, I would recommend an incision other than peri-areolar (nipple incision.)    The peri-areolar incision seems to have a higher rate of losing nipple sensation than  the inframammary or transaxillary incision. 

Lane Smith, MD

Will I Lose Nipple Sensitivity With A D Cup?

+1

Dear BabyDoll22,   Going from a B to a D cup will not necessarily increase your risk of losing nipple sensation. The risk is more importantly related to your specific anatomy. We measure chest and breast width and compare that to the size of the implant your are requesting. We make suggestions/recommendations based on that information. Please discuss this with your surgeon and I'm sure they will help guide you with your decision.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

Going from a B to a D is unlikely to significantly change nipple sensation, beacause if the implant size.  Remember, ANY breast surgery can change nipple sensitivity. 

Michael Orseck, MD
Greenville Plastic Surgeon

Larger implants

+1

Loss of nipple sensation can happen with  any breast surgery.  It is thought that with stretch (using larger implants) this may contribute as well.  Hard to say for sure.

Nipple Sensibility and Breast Augmentation

+1

It is true that too much stretch or too large an implant will increase your risk. One study from a few years ago suggested that the risk in a large pool of patients was about 2.5%.  This doesn't represent any national average, and may not be indicative of your personal risk.

You need to weigh the importance of being a D cup against the importance of choosing a 'safe' sized implant, one that is matched to your anatomy.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Choosing your Breast Size

+1

I think the most important decision a patient can make (when you have decided to proceed with breast augmentation surgery) is choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon whom you trust and can communicate with. Once you develop this trust and communicate your goals clearly with your plastic surgeon the specifics of the operation (including the implant model and/or range of breast implant sizes)  can be  decided upon. You will find that each plastic surgeon has his/her preferences so you need to feel comfortable that the surgeon you choose is capable (based on documented experience with before and after pictures and/or referrals) of achieving your goals.
It will be very important to communicate your overall goals with your surgeon. 

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.‚Ä®Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Don't be distracted by "cup size" because it can vary.

In my opinion, the larger the implants, the greater risk of injuring the nerve that supplies the nipple so have a precise discussion with the surgeon you choose.