I Am Going for Breast Augmentation is 325cc High Profile Textures Silicone (Silimed) Subfascial the Right Size for Me?

I am 33, 5'6" and weigh 110lbs. My currents chest size is 32a/b. I want to be a full C. Does this implant sound about right for me? I have 2 children one I breasted for 6months the other8weeks. Don't want to be too big but worried about being too small. We used the A simulator program to determine size. And they look good but wonder how accurate it is?

Implant Selection Process

+1

This implant range sounds pretty close.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Optimal Implant Size

+1

There are many factors that determine the range of breast implants that are appropriate for a patient.  In additon to patient desires, an examination will determine amount of breast tissue, skin tissue characteristics, asymmetries and measurements to determine options of the type of implants and sizes that are appropriate.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the right implant size

+1

First let me say that Implant size and profile, incision placement, and implant types are not things you want to try to guess or decide upon via an online forum.

Breast implants come in a wide range of sizes which go from 200 cc to 800 cc and are generally sized in increments of 25 cc. Since 1 cc= 1 ml, you can use a kitchen measuring cup to get an estimate of size. Fill the cup with water up to the number of ml’s (cc’s) and pour the water into a plastic baggie. Voila! You have a quick ROUGH estimate. However, to get the best idea of implant size, you should ask your plastic surgeon to try a wide variety of samples as well as any simulator tools that are available.

Discuss everything with your board certified plastic surgeon prior to the surgery so that the type and size of the implant, as well as the surgical approach, will garner the results you desire.

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Implant Size Selection

+1

I help my patients select the correct size with two methods:

1. Dimensional planning and
2. A Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. Even your fitness levels and other relevant criteria are taken into consideration. It is you who will decide what you are comfortable with.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for.

This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Breast implant choice

+1

The best way to determine what implants is right for you is to have an adequate exam.  Guessing on line is not appropriate to determine this for you.

Choosing Best Breast Implant Size for Me?

+1

Your plastic surgeon is in a much better position to advise you regarding the breast implant that is most likely to achieve your goals.

I would suggest that, if you haven't already done so, that you have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining which operation and/or breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals.

In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.