I'm Going for BA Surgery in 2 Days. I Am Currently Taking Metrodinazole for my BV. Will This Have Any Effect on my Surgery?

Should I stop taking my antibiotics prior to my op? If so, how long?

Infection Prior Undergoing Breast Augmentation

+1

Undergoing surgery with an active infection is not something you want to do as it will jeopardize your results possibly causing a breast infection.

That being said, it is imperative that you delay your surgery in order to clear your infection completely.

Communicating with your surgeon is essential and information as such should be disclosed with him/her.

Thank you for your post.

The best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Infection and Breast Augmentation

+1

If there is an active infection going on in the body, putting breast implants in is not the thing to do.  Continue treating your infection and put off the surgery for a week or so.  

James E. Murphy, MD, FACS
Reno Plastic Surgeon

+1

When dealing with breast implant surgery you never want to have active infection at the time of surgery. You have to let your surgeon know that you have an infection at this time. It will not keep you from having implants it just might push you back a very small amount of time.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Breast aug scheduled, on metronidazole for bacterial vaginosis

+1

The antibiotic itself would not be the issue, but the presence of an active infection is one. Be certain that your surgeon is aware of the situation.

Since most women who are treated are treated for an acute episode and for a brief time interval, I will guess that your symptoms were present a short time ago. 

A bacterial infection anywhere in the body increases the risk of an implant infection. Many or most implant infections are not resolved unless the implant is removed, so you can see that this is a potential big deal problem. 

Check with your surgeon, who may well advise a delay in the surgery date.

Thanks for the question, best wishes.