I Am Going to Have a Double Lung Transplant, but I Want to Know if After I Am Recovered if It is Safe to Get Breast Implants?

I Am Going to Have a Double Lung Transplant, but I Want to Know if After I Am Recovered if It is Safe to Get Breast Implants??

+2

I wish I had an answer for you. Breast augmentation is purely cosmetic and we never want to undertake that if it poses an undue risk for our patients. All plastic surgeons will give you this same answer - "you would need to clear anything of this sort with your pulmonologist and transplant surgeon". Best of luck with your upcoming surgery.

BTW - do you know wo won the Nobel Prize for the first kidney transplant??

A Plastic Surgeon!

Lung transplant and breast augmentation

+1

Best wishes to you on your upcoming surgery.

You will be getting a live-saving transplant, and will be on anti-rejection drugs indefinitely. These suppress your immune system to prevent rejection of the transplanted lungs, but they also suppress some of you ability to fight off infection. 

Although breast implant infections are uncommon, your risk would be higher than normal, and the consequences should you get one might well be catastrophic. 

Concentrate on recovery from your transplant.