Got Silicone Breast Implants This Year But Want to go Bigger?

In may of this year I had gotten silicone breast implants 600cc high profile over the muscle. I love them I do. But guess what I want bigger. My question is can I go bigger? The surgeon said he barley got these to fit in. They are covering my whole chest. I want them bigger outward tho. Maybe ultra high profile? Or bigger implant? 5'7 140lbs 29 waist 12 bwd (surgeon measurements) I'm thinking maybe next year going bigger. What can I do?

Want a larger breast implant size > 600 cc

+1

The largest implant made is an 800 cc.  While it is possible for you to go to a larger size it may not be advisable.  The  problem is that with time, weight  and gravity you are setting yourself up for stretch deformities.  

Recent augmentation and wanting to go bigger

+1

Sorry, bigger is not always better. It will eventually cause your breasts to become stretched and thinned out skin with diffuse rippling.

Bigger Implants

+1

Bigger is not always better. In the long run, patients prefer large perky breasts over really large sagging breasts. Larger implants have more tendency to sag and have other problems. There is an ultra high profile implant which may look great right after surgery, but give more time to see how your tissue changes over time with the size that you have before taking the chance of problems due to changing to an extremely large implant.Good Luck!

Web reference: http://chicagobreast.com

Implants larger than 600 cc's

+1

While it may very well be possible to go bigger with implants, 600 is pretty big, and larger may cause problems.

Breast augmentation

+1

A very common concern about implants for prospective patients is size. They will often tell me, after I have sized them, that they want to ensure that they are big enough because their girl friend has implants and loves them..."she just wishes that she would have gone bigger". "If these are really good, then bigger implants would be better". I find myself telling these patients time and time again, that if they love their breast augmentation so much, it is probably because they have implants that fit them well. If they had larger implants they may find themselves complaining about something else, like palpable edges, rippling, the weight, contracture, etc. Don't do it. At least give yourself a year and listen to your Plastic Surgeon's advice. If you trusted him or her to do your original surgery, then you should trust that he or she will guide you appropriately.

Even bigger can go bad

+1

If your current implants 'just fit' you might wish to take some time to see how your skin will respond to the size and weight of the larger implant. We expect you will have thinning of the skin and show through of the implant, and it might even take several years for the tissue to give out. The next size will be an 800 in the high profile, just noticable in terms of volume. Be careful what you ask for, as you should want a result which will hold up a lifetime with a low risk of turning bad later on.

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

Full profile implants may be useful in your breast implant surgery

+1

For you to look noticeably larger, you most likely will have to have gone at least 150 cc to 200 cc larger i.e. 800 cc With that said, it appears that your size of 600 cc is already a very nice size in terms of volume for most patients.  Although it may seem like you would have been happier with a slightly larger size, you must consider how they will look over time in terms of months and years.  Larger implants are heavier and your skin envelope has to hold them up against gravity as you age.  If the implants are larger, the skin may not be able to hold things up and the breasts may become saggy.  I always tell patients that between volume and shape, shape is always much more important.  So, if you can be happy with your current size and shape, you will most likely keep that shape for longer with you current size than if you went to 800 cc

It is true to that there is a line of products called Full Profile (Style 45) that Allergan makes.  These implants are very narrow and higher in projection.  Discuss with your plastic surgeon regarding your wishes for more projection.  He or she may or may not think that this is a good idea given what they have experienced with your skin envelope and capsule during surgery.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Want to go Bigger?

+1

Your 600 cc implants are already wider than your native breast width. Although your surgeon may have had trouble inserted them back in May, chances are that your tissues have stretched out and are not so tight now and will be less so in passing months. 

The Full Profile implant (style 45) from Allergan at 800 cc is barely wider than their 600 cc High Profile, so if that's what you want, it will add mainly to projection. At this size, 200 cc may not be as much larger as you would like, but it is as large a gel implant as is available. Discuss the options with your surgeon. Know that larger implants are more likely to be problematic in the future. 

Thanks for your question, best wishes. 

Want to “Go Bigger" After Breast Augmentation?

+1

As you can imagine, it is not possible to get a precise advice without direct examination and a full communication of your goals.  Your best bet would be to meet with your plastic surgeon and communicate what you would like to achieve;  in my practice, I prefer the use of goal pictures to help with this communication process.  It sounds like you wish to improve/increase the projection of the breasts;  this may be possible with the use of breast implants with greater projection and/or the use of saline breast implants.  Sometimes, saline breast implants do allow  patients to achieve a more “projecting look”,  compared to similar size/profile silicone gel breast implants.

On the other hand, sometimes it is not possible to go bigger without risking complications such as implant displacement/malpositiion/rippling/palpability…

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastImplantXL.htm