Am I Going to Big?

Hello, I am getting a BA done in the next few days, Nov 16. I'm asian 4'10 wt 112-115 pre-op boobs 34AAA. I have consider going 350cc HP but when I tried on sizer at the clinic the 400cc also looked good too. Do you think I am over doing it? I don't want it to big where it's going to make me look short and stumpy. Please help me.

Too big?

+2

Thanks for your question. I would say that both sizes mentioned are within the ballpark to achieve a solid augmentation. The bigger you go, then the less likely it will look natural, specially with your tiny anatomy ( 4'10" + AAA). The final cup is better determined after performing an examination and seeing your natural shape and current breast volume. Perhaps using a volume sizing system (VSS) will help you feel more comfortable deciding from your choices. Try the sizers until you are totally comfortable and elicit your PS input. Best wishes, Dr. Aldo.

Breast Implant Size

+2

Without pictures or an exam to review, I can only make generalizations.  It sounds like you probably have very little breast tissue and tight skin.  The implants you are considering will end up looking pretty large on your small frame.  In addition, if your skin doesn't stretch enough, the breast may have a tight "fake" look to them, especially with HP implants.  I personally recommend to patients like you that they allow the surgeon to choose the best implant size intraoperatively based on how your breast looks in surgery.  This tends to ensure a more natural shape without the overly large fake look.

Donald Griffin, MD

Choosing the right size up front is the best way to avoid additional surgery

+2

It's extremely important to spend as much time as you need to decide on the best size for you--many patients wish they went bigger after surgery, but it's also important to keep in mind that the larger the implant, the more stress it causes to your breast tissue over time.  You should absolutely schedule another appointment with your surgeon to go over this--getting breast implants is a big decision, and being as certain as possible about what you want going in is the best way to make sure you are happy with the result. Good luck!

Russell Babbitt, MD
Fall River Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

4'10" and 400 cc Implant

+1

I have placed a 500 cc implant on a 4'8" patient and the result was very nice.  400 cc implant may not be too big.  Kenneth Hughes, MD, HughesPlasticSurgery, Los Angeles, CA

Best Breast Implant Size/Profile for Me?

+1

As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies ( in regards to best breast implant size/profile) who are considering revisionary breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “ natural”  or "short and stumpy” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Too big

+1

the correct sizing depends on your height, weight, chest anatomy and width, breast width and skin laxity. Having a great result is dependant on proper sizing and implant selection

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS

Am I going too Big??

+1

Since you have questions, you may want to seek a second opinion, or schedule an appointment with your surgeon to discuss these concerns.  You should go into surgery with all your questions answered.  Good luck to you!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Am I Going to Big?

+1

Without photos and some breast measurements, you will not get any helpful advice. Best suggestion is another discussion with your surgeon before the morning of surgery. Thanks, good luck with your upcoming procedure.