Is 3 Weeks Post-Op Breast Augmentation Too Soon to Return to Work?

I had a breast augmentation almost 3 weeks ago. I have 390cc in R. & 400cc in L. high pro. saline under muscle. Dr told me I can return to work after 2 weeks (massage therapist) & said I can continue doing deep tissue massages after 2 if fine, if not def. by 3 wks. I started reg. ct's back up having deep tissues & Im nervous about it causing some kind of damage because it is alot of pec. work & pressure being used on my part. I checked in w/ dr again he said it's fine looking for opinions??

Returning to work after a breast augmentation

+1

The only activities I would restrict a patient to after a breast augmentation would be not to lift greater than 20 pounds and avoid activities where the breasts bounce up and down for 6 weeks. Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z

Activity after breast augmentation with breast implants.

+1

I ask my patients who have implants placed under the muscle to be very careful for 3 weeks with full pectoralis muscle exertion in a repetitive way, like running,and latissimus pull down exercises on a machine. I would caution you to listen to your body and maybe ice after each session. After 6 weeks you should be able to do anything you want. 

Laurie Casas, MD

When to return to work

+1

I think you will be fine.  I would imagine you could have returned to work sooner as well.  Its the agressive activity that we want you to refrain from such as running, heavy lifting, high impact.

Dr Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Is 3 Weeks Post-Op Breast Aug. Too Soon to Return to Work?Answer:

+1

For my patients, no bouncing for 2 weeks and back to work in 3-7 days. 3 weeks is a lot and by then, you should be able to get back to work, even massage tx.  For my patients I tell them, it may hurt you but it shouldn’t hurt your result!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

+1

Sounds like it is OK but over the internet we can not advise you what and when to do things. Always best to follow your surgeon's advise. 

Returning to work after breast augmentation

+1

3 weeks really is on the long end of time to take off from work.  Most people take just a few days to a week.  However, every patient is different and you should do what feels right for you.  

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Post operative care and healing after a breast augmentation

+1

2 weeks  is a usual amount of healing..  you may still be sore for weeks even months depending on activity.   start slow .. spasms can occur  and can be treated.   if you are very uncomfortable,  wait..  people heal differently

Two weeks off after breast aug is usually enough time

+1

Most patients are able to return to work somewhere between the first and second week after surgery.  If your job requires alot of heavy upper body activity, you may need an additional week away from work.  Actually, the more active your are after surgery, the faster the pectoralis muscles adapt to the implants.

Joseph N. Togba, MD
Oakland Plastic Surgeon

Return to work after Breast Augmentation

+1

How do you feel?  Did you discuss this with your surgeon?   Most of my patients can comfortably return to sedentary desk jobs within a week of their augmenation surgery.  Patient that have implants placed above the muscle tend to be a little less sore than patients that have the implants placed behind the muscle.   Most of the time by the beginning of the third week following their augmentation, I will encourage the patient to start easy exercising.   Full activity is usually the rule by week four.

Jonathan Berman, MD
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

Time off work for breast augmentation

+1

In our practice most will be off only one week after breast augmentation, and if your work is more physical two weeks should be enough. There is a chance you will have to hold back if you become sore. Three weeks off? These days who can afford it?

Best of luck, peterejohnsonmd.com