Im Goin to Thailand (Bangkok) for Breast Agumentation.

I was told by many people who have had breast augmentations in Thailand that after the surgery they give very low strength pain killers that dont help much. Im getting the implants inserted through my armpits so I know after the surgery i will be in a lot for pain. I was told by these people i need to go to the chemists there and buy strong pain killers myself. Does anyone know of some that would help with the pain?

Think twice beofre having plastic surgery in another country.

+1

I would urge you to consider looking for a local Plastic Surgeon. Complications do arise... implants sometimes rupture or deflate. What will you do?  I also restrict my patients from flying immediately after surgery d/t possible post-operative complications. Please consider your options. Some of the best surgeons are in your own back yard. You owe it to yourself. Best of luck!

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Travelling to Another Country for Breast Augmentation

+1

You should ask yourself why you feel it is necessary to go to another country for your surgery. If it is strictly financial, then I would urge you to reconsider, because it will be quite difficult to seek follow up care or if there are any complications. The issue is that you are not going to a country that is far superior to Australia in this procedure and that the procedure you are having is very common and frequently performed in Australia.

I would answer your question regarding the pain medications by telling you to find a plastic surgeon in your city and bypass all the potential pitfalls of having traveling thousands of miles to get elective cosmetic surgery.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Dr. Babak Dadvand

Cosmetic Tourism

+1

I agree with my colleagues. Melbourne has a plethora of excellent plastic surgeons. Why take the chance of traveling to another country for plastic surgery ? Should you have the misfortune of developing a complication, what would you do ? Fly back to Thailand ? I suggest you think twice about your plan, consult with surgeons in your region, and weigh the risks, benefits and financial trade-offs. 

Warmest Regards,

Glenn Vallecillos, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Breast augmentation

+1

Going to another country for a cosmetic procedure may have short term financial benefits, but at times the costs of treating a complication is much more that the original cost of the procedure. I have seen many patients who have had procedures performed outside of the US with complications, which ended up costing the patient much more than they imagined.  Another problem is that the standards are at times not the same.  I am not suggesting that there are not ethical and good plastic surgeons in the country that you mentioned.  Be careful.

Why travel for breast augmentation?

+1

I agree that there are fantastic plastic surgeons in Melbourne.  Why fly to another country for a very common plastic surgery procedure. In my practice, I see a number of patients that come to see me after having gone to other countries for plastic surgery and there seems to be a clear increase in infection.  Part of having surgery is bonding with your doctor and having a good doctor to take care of you afterwards if there is a problem. If you fly in and fly out just because it's cheaper (or they have convinced you it is), you may have to pay more in the long run if there is a complication.  It's a long way to go for something you can get done with a high degree of safety and quality right there in Melbourne. I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

James F. Boynton, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Traveling for Breast Augmentation

+1

Why are you traveling to a place to have surgery when you are already questioning your post op care?  If you were traveling to a higher level of care, this would be understandable.  However, it seems very odd that you would travel for the surgery when people are already warning you about inadequate care.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Breast augmentation overseas

+1

If you are from Australia it would make sense to  me to have someone there treat you so that you can follow up with problems.

+1

Sure just for you I recommend seeing a LOCAL PS to help you. OH none will, well I'm bad. Ask the surgeon who is operating on you to prescribe stronger meds. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Don't travel for cosmetic surgery

+1

Good luck with that- there are excellent plastic surgeons in Australia. If you have a problem post-op, are you willing to hop back on a plane and return to Thailand to see your surgeon?

Web reference: http://www.scottsattlermd.com

One question

+1

Why, when there are so many excellent plastic surgeons in Austrailia.  What if you have a problem upon your return.  Are you willing to fly back to Thailand for your follow-ups

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon