Goin for Hp Allergan 400, Will I Have a Huge Gap? 28 Inch Ribcage, 117 Pounds. (photo)

I love the fake look and i want full nice round boobs but not gigantic, im just afraid my sternums to wide for the hp? What ur oppinion. Im freaking out cuz ive had a couple consultations a yr ago. By bfriend surprised me on xmas with a boob jobjob but i only get one consult before i go in. What would u guess my bwd is?

The type of implant that is right for you

+2

Hello. There are ups and downs to the different styles of implants to consider. The advantage to high profile implants is that they give better projection. A moderate profile implant would be better to reduce the gap between your breasts. When going in for your one consult just be sure you are prepared to make the most of it. Have pictures of what you want and don’t get too caught up in the style of implant because the dissection is also a big factor.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Naturally wide breasts are not repositioned with implants

+2
Your natural breasts are sitting apart, and pointing apart.  That is something the will not be changed the addition of breast implants, regardless of what type of implant you will use.  If you choose a very high profile implant, your nipples will point outward even more.  When you go for your consultation, make sure you discuss with your board certified plastic surgeon the impact of the implant profile on your out come.
Also, as this is a 'gift' and not a surgeon you chose yourself, make sure you are seeing a board certified plastic surgeon. Even if you are not the one paying for this, you want to make sure you do not regret getting your 'free' implants.  No amount of money can fix scars, pain, and deformity you can end up with if the person doing your surgery is not properly trained to do this.  This is not meant to scare you, just to inform you that just because someone says they do lot's of breast augmentations doesn't mean they are an actual Plastic Surgeon.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Goin for Hp Allergan 400, Will I Have a Huge Gap? 28 Inch Ribcage, 117 Po

+2

Based upon your posted photos you are anatomically and genetically widely spaced. So you should expect with any implant a wider result. I recommend HP or UHP so you decrease the lateral appearance of displacement. 

Implant choices

+2

The right implant for you is determined based upon your exam and the volume that you desire.  HP's are used if the patient has a narrow chest and they want larger implants.

Placement of the implant most important to getting the look you desire

+2

The dissection of the pocket is the most important factor to getting the look you want - much more than the size or shape of the implant.  Be sure to explain to your surgeon your desires and look for his or her before and afters that look the way you want - this helps you both understand the look you are going for.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Best Breast Implants for Me?

+2

Thank you for the question and picture

.
 As you can imagine, despite your good description of body type and goals, it is not possible to give you precise  advice online.
 The best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural”  or “fake look” etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

400 HP and Size Concerns, Wide Gap?

+2

The gap or space usually remains the same or is closed to some extent.  You never want to close the area beyond what is reasonable based upon your anatomy.  This would involve stripping the pectoralis muscle beyond the insertion and could cause double bubble or symmastia.  400 HP in most women is a reasonable size and will fit most women.  Based upon your current size, that implant should put you at a C cup. 

Wide Sternum?

+2

Hello, and thank you for your question.

Your sternum appears pretty normal from the photo.  Your breast base width diameter should be where the breast should ideally start, and where they should ideally stop, not necessarily where they currently start and stop.  If you naturally have a big gap, this can be closed off with the right implant and right technique.  The measurement is then subtracted form the width of your tissue. In your case, probably 1 cm.  This will be your ideal implant width.  The profile you pick is up to you.  This will dictate your projection or cup size.  Make sure you are confortable with your surgeon and that they understand your goals and tell you how they will achieve those goals.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Will I Have a Huge Gap

+2

Your breasts are rather widely separated. The implants will be centered on your nipples and areolas, and may indeed look even more widely separated when they are larger. Really large implants will likely extend beyond the sides of your chest, so at the time of consultation be sure to discuss this carefully. As to breast width, rather than ask for a guess, measure it with a caliper--it is the straight line distance from the inner to the outer edges of the breast in centimeters, less one centimeter. You should be wary of using an imlant wider than that.

Wondering about high profile (HP)

+2

Hi,

It is not easy to  judge your opinion regarding your sternum from the view you submitted.

It does appear that your breast tissue approaches the sternum nicely so do not be worrying about how your breast augmentation will look considering your statement "I love the fake look..."   Go for the HP for sure.   In your case, I would worry about not going large enough so be careful to shop high on the implant size.  Get a picture of someone off the internet and let your doctor look at it to give you a good estimate of the proper size.

You have an ideal presentation as estimated from the picture you submitted in that you have small breasts with a very youthful nipple position and good proportion of the nipple complex to the breasts.  This will continue with the breast augmentation too. 

I think you will be a very happy lady with this procedure.

Y

Steven M. Lynch, MD
Albany Plastic Surgeon