Open OR Closed OR Augumentation Rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have had Nasal Fracture after a Trauma 10 months back. I have breathing problems due to blockage. I am not happy with my new look of the nose. Due to bend in the Nasal bone my nose has taken a C shape. I want the best possible solution to straighten my nose. Do i need Osteotomy or Rasping will do. I dnt want a broader nose by augumentation. How much is it possible to correct my nose. Please Doctors Advice. I am 27 yrs old. I dnt want to go for revision later.

Approach to repairing fractured nose

+1

I would recommend seeing a surgeon experienced in reconstructing a deformed septum and doing a septoplasty and possibly turbinectomies, along with a rhinopasty to straighten the nose. This can be achieved with an open approach and cartilage grafting with bony fractures and remodeling.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Straightening the nose

+1

Hello, and sorry to hear about your breathing issues. When straightening a crooked nose, osteotomies (fracturing of the nasal bones) are necessary. Rasping is performed to reduce a nasal hump. A crooked nose can be improved without increasing its size. Keep in mind that it is not possible to get the nose 100%, but you can make a great improvement. It is good that you are doing your homework and looking to have the surgery performed correctly the first time. When looking for a surgeon, it is a good idea to consider the following:

1) Fellowship training
2) Board certification
3) Great testimonials and some before and after photos to show a few examples of the surgeon's work.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treating a Fractured Nose

+1

A fractured nose can involve many of the three dimensional structures of the nose, which can affect not only its appearance, but also its function. A force severe enough to crack the outermost bones of the nose, often leads to injury to the cartilage as well as other internal structures, such as the septum. By whatever method you and your surgeon choose to repair the damage, an earlier repair can often be of benefit.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open OR Closed OR Augumentation Rhinoplasty?

+1

Why did you wait so long?? Either method is acceptable but you need refracting and possible min plates. But over the internet is NOT the place to diagnose. Best to seek IN PERON evaluations ONLY! 

Surgical Approach for Repair of Nasal Fracture

+1

Yash, either a closed or open rhinoplasty approach would work for your crooked nose deformity. The final decision should be made in conjunction with your chosen rhinoplasty surgeon. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Open versus closed rhinoplasty

+1

Both techniques are  acceptable in experienced hands in a difficult nose such as yours. osteotomies and a septoplasty can certainly be done  through closed rhinoplasty techniques.

Open or close rhinoplasty

+1

It really depends upon what is needed to be accomplished. If just bony work is necessary than it probably cen be done closed.  If major septal work is necessary then open may be necessary.

Rhinoplasty for the deviated nose-- open or closed?

+1

Rhinoplasty  for the deviated nose-- open or closed? Either will do the job of straightening your nose assuming that is all you wish done. You should have a very improved airway.

Open or Closed Rhinoplasty

+1

Hi,

Either technique can work - it all depends on which the surgeon is more comfortable. Choose a good surgeon with experience in ethnic rhinoplasty. Worry less about the technique and more about the skill and experience of the surgeon.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Breathing Problems and Contour Deformity After Nasal Trauma

+1

The breathing problem may be due to the nasal bone and or septal issues, most likely.  You will need osteotomies to reestablish the bony architecture.  This can all be done closed.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA