No CG Afterwards?

My PS told me he doesnt belive in a cg after the procedure... he says he doesnt like anything pressing or rubbing on his stitches... He says he does wrap you up and il only get to see my tummy when i visit him after 5 days but once the drains and badages come iff thats it, he doesnt want anything to compress my tummy..... what do you ladies think of this? have you guys heard of not wearing a cg... i totally stalk RS and every tt post op person has talked of the cg??? SX 13th AUg

Compressive garments are optional after abdominoplasty.

+1

There is nothing to show that a compressive garment definitely improve the results after in abdominoplasty. I personally ask patients to wear one but a surgeon with a differing opinion would get no strong argument from me.

Compression Garment?

+1

Dear Kerry,

Thank you for your question.  I use compression garments in just about everything.  I think this controls swelling the best.  However, if your surgeon has good great results without using them, then follow his advice.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Compression or No Compression

+1

It sounds like he uses some form of a compression garment. He wrapped you up for five days and doesn't allow viewing of the results until after that time. It sounds like he has vast experience with this technique and good results. If you trust his judgment I will I would follow his recommendation.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

No Compression Garment After Tummy Tuck Surgery?

+1

Assuming you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon, who you have selected carefully and who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients achieve the results you are looking for, I would  suggest that you allow him to use the “protocol” that works for him.

Use of a compression garment after an abdominoplasty

+1

Every plastic surgeon will have a different post operative protocol when it comes to the use of compression garments and drains.  Trust that your surgeon is individualizing your care and making choices that will get you the best possible result.  In the final analysis the compression device may not contribute anything other than patient comfort.  

No CG Afterwards?

+1

I have my patients wear a binder until the drains are out.  After that they can switch to a compression garment.  I like using a compression garment for 4 to 6 weeks.  All my stitches are below the skin and I just use steri strips and a lite gauze dressing under the binder.  All doctors have different preferences.  As long as your doctor showed your pics of his results and you like them, then follow his recommendations.

Rigo Mendoza, MD

Compression garments

+1

I do not use compression garments for the first week. i am always concerned that there might be too much pressure on the skin which might cause a healing problem. I use Topifoam and an abdominal binder for the first week. After the patient returns at their 1 week visit, we get them into their compression garment, which they wear for about 6 weeks.

Ronald Schuster, MD

No CG Afterwards?

+1

It sounds like your surgeon prefers an ace bandage or some other form of compression. If you like your surgeon, have good recommendations and photos, I wouldn't change just because his postop care is different. 

All the best.