Glycolic Peel 10 Days After Fraxel Lux 1540 for Acne Scars?

I am from India and had Fraxel Lux 1540 for mild acne scars done yest. at 45 level. I had it without numbing cream and discomfort was mild. Have mild scabbing and I see a pinkish tone on the skin surface. It's too early to say about the results but because of the scabbing my acne scars appear 'healed'. My question is that my doctor has advised me to go for glycolic peeling after 10 days for improved results. I want to ask is that safe,would it not hamper the skin repairing process. Pl advise.

Acne scars are in the dermis level

+2

Ash/India

Glycolic peels are usually epidermal level peels but acne scars are deeper so I don't think much permanent improvement will occur with a glycolic acid peel. A deeper peel, like a TCA peel, that goes into the upper layer of the dermis (papillary dermis) will probably do more. A risk of treatments could be an increase in pigmentation, called post inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PIH) so you need to discuss this with your doctor ahead of time. I would suggest that the laser injury be fully healed before reinjuring your skin with another treatment, regardless of the type of treatment.

Victoria Plastic Surgeon