Does 6% Glycolic Acid Lotion Work?

i have started to use 6% glycolic acid lotion? will it work to lighten my skin color? if yes then how many days will it take and will it peel my darker skin?

Glycolic Acid

+1

Thank you for your question. Glycolic acid is an exfoliator and can be used to slowly remove hyperpigmentation (darkening of the skin). It may take a few months for you to notice any results in terms of lightening your skin color. Be certain to be under the supervision of a board certified dermatologist  for the most effective and safe treatment options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.