Can I Re-Glue Steri-Strips onto a Cut?

My 2 yr old son ran into a wall and got a deep cut. The Doctor decided to glue the cut shut with steri strips. After about 4 day my son peeled them off, the nurse gave me some glue and some strips with no instructions, is it ok to re-glue and place new steri strips on the cut?

Reglue steri strips onto a wound

+1

The first issue is are the edges separated.  If so I would try to bring the edges together, and then attempt to glue

An alternative is to take on of the sticky sides of a bandaid, either outer third and use that as a steristrip to apply to the wound and if the bandaid is a fun one, your child may then leave it in place.

Bethesda Plastic Surgeon