Can Melanoma look like basal cell? (photos)

I have a pink 1/4 size mole looking thing for about 6 months inches and oozes. Went to dermatologist and she was concerned and did a shave bio .She then asked how long has the second mole been there . I didn't even notice i had that one it grew sometime after the first one . Its one inch away from original mole and its bigger in size . She also shaved that one to .

Melanoma and basal cell carcinoma

+1
Clinically, most melanomas and basal cell carcinomas have a different appearance; however, occasionally a melanoma does not have any pigment and a basal cell carcinoma does have pigment.  A biopsy is the only way to differentiate them.  Make certain you follow-up with your dermatologist and use sun protection.

Toronto Dermatologist

Can a melanoma look like a BCC

+1
Well, a melanoma and BCC are distinctively different, but your photos are of your area post-shave biopsy done, so it's impossible to give you insight now. I'm glad you had the sites examined, and you will need to wait for the pathology report to come back to determine what the sites are.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

F. Victor Rueckl, MD