Is it possible for me to have a tummy tuck after weight loss surgery even if I'm still overweight? (photo)

I lost 141lbs after having the gastric sleeve weight loss surgery. I'5'6 and my current and stable weight for the last 4 months has been 240lbs. I monitor my caloric intake and exercise 3-4 days a week. I'm healthy with no outstanding health issues per my physical. I'm satisfied with the weight loss, but have problems with my abdomen, especially after such drastic weight loss. Is a tummy tuck possible at this weight?

Tummy tuck Abdominoplasty 360 lower body lift massive weight loss

+1
Congratulations on your massive weight loss. Losing 141 pounds is certainly an accomplishment. You should be very proud of yourself. 
It appears that your weight has stabilized. This mean that your gastric bypass procedure has done as much as it could.
Since you exercise, eat right and your weight has been stable for four months, I believe you are ready for an abdominoplasty or a 360 lower body lift. 
Often the abdominoplasty or 360 lower body lift are covered by insurance. Please find a reputable, experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon in your neighborhood who specializes in reconstructive surgery after massive weight-loss.

+1
It is certainly possible to have a tummy tuck.  Your risk of complications would be lower if you lost another 50 lbs or so.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

TT

+1
Thank you for the pictures and congrats on your weight loss.

I believe that after loosing all that weight, you can have a tummy tuck just to remove all the excess skin. You will probably need another one after all the weight has been lost and you've reached your goal weight.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

TT candidacy?

+1
After a 141 lb wt loss you can have TT when you are more or less of a stable weight.   It is fine to have TT at 240lb.  That is the simple answer.  Of course the assumption is that you may loose a litte more but probably not much.  If you plan to be 140 someday you might consider waiting for the TT.   My Best,   Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

TT

+1
Clearly you would benefit from a TT now though further weight loss after a TT may adversely affect your result

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck after Weight Loss

+1
Congrats on the weight loss. It seems that you're ready for a tailoring Tummy Tuck. Keep up the good work on staying at a stable weight and move forward with the procedure if you're mentally ready. 

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS