I Have Been Having Phases of my Breasts Hardening to the Point my Skins Feels Like Its Going to Split. Is This Normal? (photo)

Im 5ft 2inches, 119lbs. I had 475cc Mentor high profile silicone implants placed under the muscle. I was a large 34 A/small B and was hoping to have a full D cup after the BA. I know I will have swelling and stretching but it hasn't felt like this until now.

See Your Surgeon About Hardening After Breast Augmentation

+1
If you had your surgery under a couple of months ago, this may be just part of your recovery process. However, I recommend you see your surgeon regardless to express your concern as it could be capsular contracture or other complication.

Firm breasts following breast augmentation.

+1

Thanks so much for your question.  I am not sure when you had your procedure preformed.  If it was within the past year then you may simply be experiencing normal healing and adjustment.  If it was longer than that then you may be experiencing the start of a contracture.  Not entirely sure how to answer without a little more information.

Shaun Parson, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Hardening After Breast Augmentation #breastimplants

+1

Not sure how long ago your surgery was but anyone can have a capsular contracture. I have no idea if that is what is going on for you but I will say those implants are large for the size breasts you started with so if it is early things may be tight until the skin stretches. That can take 3-6 months or more. Go see your surgeon to make sure more is not going on.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Post operative breast hardening

+1

It is hard to know without a physical exam as to what is the cause of your symptoms.  The symptoms could be perfectly normal due to the stretching of the skin by relatively large implants or could be related to a hematoma or early capsular contracture.  Definitely worth giving your plastic surgeon a call!

Christopher J. Davidson, MD, FACS
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon

Post op pain

+1

It's hard to give you specific advice but you do have relatively large implants to your breast size and that does cause significant stretch on the tissue.  Muscle spasm can also cause pain.  Capsular contracture does not set in usually for 6 weeks.  You should see your surgeon and have your concerns addressed.  Make sure you do not have a seroma or hematoma.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon

Hardening of Breast after Augmentation

+1

It is hard to tell if you have signs of capsular contracture, fluid accumulation, or just normal postoperative swelling.    This will depend on how far out you are and what you exam shows.  I would contact your plastic surgeon for an in office examination.

Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Swelling

+1

There is no way to help you online with no information or photo. In any case, it is best to call your PS with any concerns.

Michael Hueneke, MD