20 Year Old Girl, and Very Displeased with my Nose. How Do I Choose A Doctor And Is There A Way To Pay The Money Slowly?

The front is kind of bulbous, but not the worst part. The profile view is the one I hate the most. It's just very ugly to me. The bump is obvious and the tip is so overprojected. Money is a big issue for me, and I don't have all of the know how on how to go about paying the money and which doctor to choose. So I guess my questions would be, what would be done to my nose in your opinions, how much would it be, how do I choose a doctor and is there a way to pay the money slowly over time?

Open rhinoplasty will be able to refine all of the issues you have listed

+2

Hello redcousland,

Thank you for the question and photos.  An open rhinoplasty (nose job) will be able to address and refine the issues you have listed including reducing the bump on your bridge and reducing and refining the tip of your nose.  The cost of an open rhinoplasty in Phoenix/Scottsdale will vary but should be about 6K.  Most plastic surgeons will not carry a balance (allow you to pay over time) but you could use Care Credit or some other type of  financing plan.  Choosing a plastic surgeon should be done by consulting with several board certified plastic surgeons and looking at their before and after photos as well as their reviews.

Dr. Remus Repta

Rhinoplasty questions

+1

You are an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty. There is a company called CareCredit which finances plastic surgery and you can even apply online. You can also usually use a credit card to pay for the surgery, but don't get into debt if it will create a financial hardship. As far as choosing the right surgeon, ask around for recommendations then go on three consults. You will get a good feel for the right surgeon who has the experience and expertise to achieve the result you are looking for. Good luck!

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

With rhinoplasty surgery, your nasal hump can be reduced and the tip can be refined. During an in-person consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist, your needs can be assessed and he or she will provide you with advice. Computer imaging software may be used to give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. There are options available to finance surgery and make it more affordable, and this is something to discuss with your prospective surgeon. In general, cost can vary depending on the complexity of your surgery and your geographic location. When looking for a surgeon, you should consider the following: Board certification, credentials, before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's results, and great patient testimonials. It is best to choose an experienced rhinoplasty specialist to perform your surgery. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Rhinoplasty for bulbous tip and hump on the bridge

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves hump removal by shaving off the cartilage and bony dorsum, de-projecting the tip, and tip suturing techniques to narrow a bulbous tip, and osteotomies to narrow the sidewalls of the nose. All this can be done through closed rhinoplasty techniques. Please see the link below for costs and our photo gallery

Rhinoplasty

+1

Based on the photos provided, there are features of your nose that would benefit from rhinoplasty including hump reduction and refinement of the tip.  Choosing the right surgeon can be challenging, but I recommend consulting with more than one surgeon who specializes in plastic surgery procedures and in particular who has extensive experience in rhinoplasty.  The surgeon should be able to provide before and after photos and discuss expectations that can be achieved.  Most offices provide financing options such as Care Credit which includes a 12 month no interest option.  

Pamela Henderson, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Reduction rhinoplasty is the appropriate procedure in your situation.

+1

Hello redcousland,

Thanks for your question. Looking at your face it appears that you have many nice and distinctive features.  I agree that your nose is just a little big relative to these features, but disagree that it "doesn't fit."  A skillfully performed rhinoplasty could provide you the necessary reduction in size of the nose to address your cosmetic concerns while providing you a natural outcome.  From the photos you have posted, I can see a few things that might need to be balanced out.  Your tip is slightly overprojected and your tip cartilages are malpositioned.  You have a mild-moderate dorsal hump but overall fantastic nasal form.  If your bump is the main problem, a dorsal hump reduction and blending operation is a lower cost approach to helping you attain a nose that will make you happier.  Depending on your surgeon's preference, your nose surgery could be performed either open or closed.  Most patients need about a week of recovery before they go back into the general public.  As far as paying for the procedure, most people either pay with cash/credit, or use a medical financing company to make payments.  If you have good credit, then financing is a great way to go.  Many companies will offer 12-18 months same as cash financing, but read the fine print to know that if you miss a payment or take longer than the allotted amount of time to pay back, the finance charges are atrocious.

One last thing...  Make sure you are happy with you and that it is just the nose alone that needs to be worked on.  No one should ever "hate" their looks.  I understand wanting to change something, but make sure you are doing it for the right reasons.  Because if you are not happy with who you are as a whole, then you might not be happy even with the new nose.

Good luck,

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

+1

I think that tip refinement with hump reduction would produce a nice, natural result in the right hands.  The cost may be $5000 on the low end, and there are usually financing options available.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Picking and Paying a Rhinoplasty Surgeon

+1

The goal of rhinoplasty surgery should be to create a nose that looks so natural and is so proportionate to the rest of the features of your face, than it essentially blends into your other facial features without drawing attention to it.  You have very nice facial features and any surgeon would love to make your nose blend in with and complement those great features.  Yours is not a particularly difficult nose for an experienced facial plastic surgeon. However artistic and technical skills vary considerably from surgeon to surgeon.  Every surgeon will tell you they are great and all the certifications in the world does not guarantee that the surgeon gets consistently excellent results.  As the saying goes, "The proof is in the pudding".  In other words, the results are what matter the most -- and the best way for a surgeon to demonstrate his/her results is to offer a multitude of excellent "before and after" photos to demonstrate that his results are worthy.  Go to the surgeon's Web site and check out the results.  Patients are happy to let their photos be used to educate and help others to make wise choices -- so a surgeon claiming that he/she doesn't show many before and afters due to confidentiality concerns is simply a lie.  If they don't show you many, you should look elsewhere.

As for cost and payments:  Most cosmetic surgeons offer financing options -- and so long as you have relatively good credit, will offer low monthly payment options.

Richard Parfitt, MD
Madison Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip, hump, etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip, hump, etc.can be done to give u a much prettier nose IF you choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who does natural looking noses. Meet with his actual patients and don't rely on imaging. We as well as other surgeons offer care credit to help our patients with payments over time.