Filler for Under the Cheek Area (Submalar)?

I do not wish to have Sculptura,nor Radiesse, nor the invasive treatment of fat injections, which are unpredictable. I am wanting to fill out the below the cheeks, the sub malar region, not to have higher cheekbones at all, but to fill out the slight hollowness. Would Perlane be a good filler, would any injectables work in this area, and how many approximate mls would be required ?

Combining Ulthera with Perlane - Los Angeles

+1

I would combine the Perlane injections with Ulthera to tighten and lift this important anatomic area of your face. Raffy Karamanoukian Los Angeles

Filler for Under the Cheek Area

+1

Yes, I prefer using Perlane for any type of cheek augmentation or submalar filling as it tends to blend well without the lumps and bumps associated with Radiesse (to that area) but is predictable which fat transfer is not in my opinion. No way to tell how much would be required without photos.

Fillers (Perlane or Juvaderm Ultra Plus) in the Submalar area for Cheek Augmentation

+1

The area that we call the "cheek" can be divided into different zones.  Some fall over the cheek bones themselves (medial, central, and lateral), there is the area below the cheek bone (submalar area), and the tear trough. Filler can be placed in any or all of these locations to augment the cheek, depending on the look you are going for, or which areas are relatively deficient.  The technique is the same no matter which of the zones you are injecting.  In terms of how many cc's would be required, it is impossible to say without seeing you.  I would recommend consulting with an experienced injector who can customize a plan for you to achieve your goals.  

Dara Liotta, MD

Perlane for midface rejuvenation

+1

Over time, fat compartments in the cheek atrophy, and the nice high cheekbones that many of us had disappears.  This leads to hollows in the midface and deep nasolabial folds.  There are different filler options for replacing volume.  The longer-lasting fillers, Radiesse and Sculptra, provide a very nice, natural result.  However, these products can not be dissolved or reversed, although they will dissipate over time.  Perlane, a thicker hyaluronic acid filler, is a great choice for cheek augmentation.  It also can be dissolved by hyaluronidase if need be.  How much is needed depends on each individual patient and can be determined by a board-certified dermatologist. 

Donna Bilu Martin, MD
Miami Beach Dermatologist

Perlane to Cheeks...

+1

Perlane is a great product for this area.   It is hard to say how much product you need until you are assessed by a provider.

Dr. Grant Stevens              Marina Plastic Surgery Associates       Marina del Rey, CA The Institute

Grant Stevens, MD

Perlane and cheek area

+1

Yes - you can use Perlane to fill any area with volume loss...however, I would suggest researching all of your options thoroughly to determine what will work best in that specific area. Consulting with a well-trained and reputable practitioner will help.

Sam Naficy, MD

Perlane - an alternative to Radiesse, Fat, or Sculptra? Maybe

+1

The simple answer is yes. Perlane can be used to fill deeper areas, such as the cheeks. The problem is that it may last, it may not. It was commonly used for this purpose until Radiesse was available, which quickly replaced it. Now Sculptra has also taken a foothold in that market and autologous fat injections are still used, but less commonly.

Robert S. Bader, M.D.

Robert S. Bader, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

Filler for area under the cheek bone

+1

An excellent choice is Perlane. If you're not interested in Sculptra or Radiesse (I'm guessing because they're not capable of being instantly removed if you don't like it), then Perlane is a perfect hyaluronic acid choice for the hollowness under the malar cheek bone. The amount really depends on the individual's degree of volume loss. That needs to be determined with a face-to-face consultation.

Kimberly Finder, MD
San Antonio Dermatologic Surgeon

Filling in the cheek area

+1

The amount of mL required will vary, depending on how much you actually need filled, how large your cheeks are, etc., but a good rule of thumb in general is about 1mL per cheek. Perlane is a good filler choice here, for submalar building structures, not for the fine wrinkles. So, in actuality, it may be better to have a combination of Perlane and Restylane. That way the Perlane can be used deeper, and the Restylane more shallow.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Perlane for submalar filler

+1

Perlane is best used deeper down rather than right up in the skin for wrinkles.  It is a good product for submalar filling.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS