Glasses Fell on Nose 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty and After Splint Was Removed. Now There is a Big Bump There, is It Swelling?

I had rhinoplasty two weeks ago after my sprint was removed I was taping my glasses to my four head and they fell on the same area of my nose two different times and now I have a big bump there. Is it swelling or did I permanently disfigured my nose?

Trauma to Bridge of the Nose after Rhinoplasty

+1

During nose surgery, the bridge is often refined to improve its contour. While the bone is healing, it is sensitive to trauma, such as bumps and falling glasses. There are often changes in the bone, called calluses, that are part of the normal healing process and will go away with time; there may also be swelling within the skin and muscle of the nose that will also disappear. However, if you notice a new or significantly enlarged bump on the nose, it is important to speak to your surgeon promptly so that it can be evaluated.

Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glasses Fell On Nose Bridge After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dear J,

I am sorry about the small accident you had.

Without photographs and physical examination it is hard to predict the damage made if any.

Usually, the first 3-4 weeks after Rhinoplasty the nose is delicate and the process of healing should not be interrupted for optimal results to be reached.

Nonetheless, the intensity of the trauma you may have caused could be insignificant but the formation of a "big bump" as you have described should be examined quickly by your surgeon.

Thank you for your inquiry and I wish you all the best.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Swelling?

+1

Of course you have swelling, but shouldn't you call your surgeon?  Gently apply ice and call your doctor!

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glasses on nose after rhinoplasty

+1

A bump that you feel after your glasses dropped on your nose after two weeks, is unlikely to have causedd a significant problem. It is best to see your doctor if you have concerns.

+1

the nose is the most venerable to repeated injury the first month after a Rhinoplasty.  Anything that causes pain, swelling and isolated lumps and bumps should be examined by your Rhinoplasty Surgeon.

The Bump on Your Nose After a Rhinoplasty Sounds Like Swelling

+1

It's hard to tell without seeing a photo but it is likely that this is just swelling. Usually 2 weeks after surgery the nasal bones are pretty solid. Dropping something as light as eye glasses onto the nasal bridge should not be able to move the bones. It would be a good idea to call your surgeon so that he or she can take a look at it but it sure sounds like it is just swelling and should take care of itself over time. With this said, you are obviously worried about it. A  2 minute visit to your surgeon's office would put your mind at ease. Give them a call.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon