I recently underwent a Male Breast Reduction and I'm worried about the size of my nipples post op. (photos)

This is 2nd op to remove excess skin from losing 10 stone. I had the surgery carried out 2 weeks ago and have started massaging the wound area to help with scarring and have also been advised to use micropore tape over the incision marks for 3 months. I am worried about the nipple size though and want to know if it will shrink with time or if they will stay that large as I fear the outcome so far is very unnatural looking and it's really depressing to look at just now. Please give me good news.

I recently underwent a Male Breast Reduction and I'm worried about the size of my nipples

+1
Congratulations on losing the 10 stone. Change in areolar size can happen after surgery. It is unlikely that they will go down in size to approach your pre-op picture. I suggest talking to your surgeon about options 6-9 months after surgery if there is a persistent problem.

Alexandria Plastic Surgeon

Areola size after male breast reduction

+1
You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon. Enlargement of the areolas after this type of procedure is common. 

Timothy Connall, MD